VIP Server - Diamond Lounge - Full Time
To ensure that all the guests' needsare met in a prompt, professional, and efficient manner. Responsible for responding to guest's needs,requests, complaints, and other unusual situations
- Greets all invited guests/players in to the Diamond Lounge and explains all the services that are provided for them.
- Provides personal upscale service to said guests/players.
- Arranges for display, orders, retrieves, replenishes, clears and serves food in the Lounge.
- Takes orders for drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, and prepares and serves drinks.
- Maintains strict cleanliness of the Lounge by clearing dishes from tables within set timeframe, keeps food display and counter where food is served clean at all times and notifies proper department if assistance is needed in cleaning (EVS).
- Runs Info Genesis in service well and rings in all drinks served to guests.
- Keeps track of daily food usage, plans ahead food ordering especially for play or special events, orders alcohol from appropriate outlet when needed for guests if requested.
- Maintains compliance with all applicable fire, health and liquor codes.
- Must be able to rotate schedule with other servers to cover room service duties as well as expedite food.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah's and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
HighSchool Diploma or GED preferred
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Two years' food and beverage service, preferably in the casino industry or up-scale setting is preferred.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
- Must possess vast knowledge of food and beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, to include beer, wine and liquor.
- Must be able to multi-task and work successfully with little to no supervision.
- Must be able to initiate conversation in a professional, friendly and respectful manner.
- Must present a professional appearance that guests will find approachable.
- Must have basic math skills to properly charge and credit various items.
- Must know or have the ability to learn all casino and hotel services and facilities, special events and player events, and local attractions.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.