VIP Host- Hospitality- Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
The ideal candidate for this position will possess inherent customer service skills, a passion for customer care, and a commitment to proactive service and recovery as necessary. Members of the VIP Hospitality team will work to resolve customer issues using a rich set of tools which include real time customer data and alert systems. Members of this team will operate in a highly collaborative way and will deliver on Harrah’s service promise, while be held accountable for all service opportunities that may arise
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greets guests in the casino and participates in social events and special promotions
- Uses sound judgment and makes decisions in accordance with established comp and expense guidelines
- Fully empowered with comp authority
- Maintains close ties with customers to engender loyalty
- Anticipates, responds to and consistently meets or exceeds the needs of guests including, but not limited to, transportation and accommodation arrangements
- Seamless coordination with Account Development team, New Business Team and employees throughout property (e.g. Credit, Gaming, Hotel, Food & Beverage, Transportation) to create successful delivery of pre-trip itinerary
- Finds new customers based on criteria established by property leadership
- Ability to effectively manage time and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Standing/walking on the casino floor interacting with guest 80% of the shift.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Handles difficult guests and situations in a calm, professional and prudent manner
- Proactively identifies and resolves service failures; taking immediate action to resolve service gaps and cement player loyalty and intent to return by using comp authority or making exceptions
- Fully complies with all applicable rules, regulations, laws and policies, and conducts themselves with highest levels of integrity and honesty
- Identifies ways to increase efficiencies and to improve products or services
- Clearly communicates programs/services to necessary people, seeks their support and keeps them informed of changes that may impact the business
- Keeps track of existing products/services and/or progress on new initiatives
- Must be knowledgeable of all happenings on property and in market
- Stays up to date with the latest developments in both the local market and industry
- Complies with and upholds company expectations including Code of Commitment, policies, procedures, industry regulations, department goals and business strategy
- Gives consistent, polite, timely, and accurate information and service to all guests; taking the initiative to find the answer when unsure
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Three to five years of experience in casino/hotel, customer service, host or other account manager preferred
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Ability to think independently in making decisions to maximize customer service experience and program profitability.
- Must be proficient with customer Point-of-Service systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Must have a systematic and process oriented mindset to ensure seamless end-to-end customer experiences.
- Strong attention to detail with both trip logistics and customers.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must present well-groomed professional appearance.
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues, multilingual preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Physically able to stand/walk long periods of time.
- Must be alert and observant of your surroundings.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to work with and tolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds, and areas with second hand smoke
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, efficiently.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.
- Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).