VIP Driver- On Call (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
As a member of the Limo Department, the role of a VIP Transportation Driver is to provide transportation services to and from Harrah’s Ak-Chin in company vehicles.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists selected guests promptly and courteously with transportation services on and off property
- Drives safely, obeying all traffic laws
- Answers general questions about Harrah’s Ak-Chin, and promotes property benefits.
- Inspects vehicle prior to occupancy, verifying that the vehicle is clean, well-stocked and in working order
- Routinely checks vehicle fluid levels and fuels vehicle as appropriate.
- Effectively communicates with the Supervisor to report any mechanical difficulties and/or maintenance needs of the vehicle
- Presents a clean, neat, well-groomed appearance, wearing only the designated Transportation uniform while on the job.
- Maintains written record of all trips, number of passengers, departure and arrival times, dispatcher’s name and destination.
- Is flexible and receptive to change in work environment, procedure, and schedule as required by business demands.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies in an ethical manner.
- Builds memorable relationships with guests, assists guests with their luggage, and travel itinerary.
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity, and integrity with all employees by setting positive examples at all times.
- Demonstrates Upbeat and Positive attitude, and executes on all service behaviors in accordance with Harrah’s service standards.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Is a participative member of the team by volunteering and being involved in projects, committees, and task forces providing input and suggestions. Contributes to the continuous improvement of the business with ideas.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED is required.
- One-year of Valet or driving experience preferred.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have and maintain a valid AZ Drivers License and successful Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
- Must have the ability to deal with a variety of people in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must have basic knowledge of local area.
- Must be personable and energetic.
- Must present a well groomed appearance.
- Must perform duties with a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge and familiarity with area highways, airports, hotels and attractions required.
- Ability to read and understand highway maps required.
- Ability to drive and operate all types of passenger vehicles and light trucks required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with manual transmissions required.
- Ability to operate vehicles in a variety of extreme traffic and weather situations.
- Ability to work independently.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work and quickly maneuver inside and outside casino in varying temperatures and outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work with and tolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds, and areas with second hand smoke
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, efficiently.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.
- Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays