Training and Engagement Specialist- Human Resources- Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Schedules, coordinates and conducts core training for all hourly employees.
- Schedules, coordinates and monitors training attendance and new hire performance providing feedback to leaders.
- Conducts new hire interviews and provides feedback to management.
- Coordinates, monitors and tracks performance management efforts.
- Responsible for coordinating, tracking and communicating all compliance and regulatory training
- Design training and development programs as needed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and maintain policies, procedures and employee handbook.
- Coordinate department trainers to assist with training programs.
- Assist departments with developing On the Job Training programs and materials.
- Assist with Train the Trainer Sessions for Supervisors/Managers in order to teach them to train and coach employees.
- Coordinate, communicate and monitor career development programs (i.e. Exploring Supervisor Opportunities, Assessment Feedback, ESL, GED). Create development plans.
- Responsible for Skillsoft requests, course assignments and reporting.
- Monitors internal communications (bulletin board, training, recognition, employee activities, etc.).
- Provides classroom support (room set-up, workbook inventory/classroom supplies, maintains audio/visuals, maintain organized clean training room etc.).
- Responsibility for assisting with planning and execution of property, department and company initiatives, employee relations and internal communications activities including: employee events/activities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, Skillsoft, board of reviews, Facebook, employee rewards and recognition programs.
- Assists with employee recognition processes/programs.
- Work and communicate with department co-worker, leaders, corporate partners, vendors, etc.
- Maintains employee files for new hires correctly and accurately.
- Set up all training sessions and prepare materials.
- Maintains training records (data entry), employee documentation (tracking and filing) and runs reports.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Responsible for creating supply orders and processes check requests. Monitor budget expenses.
- Maintains resource library.
- Properly uses, cares for and maintains company equipment, computers, supplies, etc.
- Manages internal and external resources to get work completed. Monitors supplies specific to training.
- Sets priorities and manages multiple tasks and projects.
- Support all functions of Human Resources as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Advanced Degree in related field preferred.
- One - two years’ of experience in Training and Development or related adult education experiences and/or related business experiences required.
- One year Human Resources, Employee Relations, and/or supervisor experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and/or experience in providing guest service.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate group training and handle difficult participants.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions, be objective, and handle difficult employee issues.
- Possess strong communication (written & verbal) both in one-on-one or group settings
- Strong organizational skills, data entry, and clerical skills required.
- Strong ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must have knowledge of laws and regulations regarding employment.
- Must be able to properly manage confidential information.
- Must have excellent active listening, conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment in a highly confidential and sensitive environment.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for a wide range of responsibilities.
- Must present a well-groomed professional appearance.
- Maintain upbeat and positive attitude
- Must know and be able to use various computer systems. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) required.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able read, write, speak and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to facilitate in a normal administrative environment.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and carry up to 5 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including a phone, pc computers/laptops, fax machine and photocopier.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).