Tournant Chef - Full Time
Chef Tournant is a Lead level employee who is responsiblefor the supervision of the kitchen staff in all assigned outlets in the absenceof the Sous Chef.
- Work with front of the house staff to ensure positive guest experience with ensuring food quality
- Must be able to cook and create new, innovative and imaginative recipes
- Must be able to react quickly and resolve problems in the absence of the sous chef.
- Provide support and foster loyalty and conduct business in a professional manner at all times
- Regularly inspects all food stations to ensure safety and sanitation
- Must be able to accurately execute recipes in all kitchens
- In absence of the Sous Chef, supervise all employees on the shift to ensure smooth operation in all aspects of the outlet
- Cover vacancies within the line level
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to work any shift and in any outlet
- Help support efforts to maintain food cost, labor cost and expenses within budget guidelines·
- Meets attendance guidelines and adheres to regulatory, departmental and Company policies
- Assist Sous Chef with administrative duties including but not limited to: ordering, receiving and maintenance of prep and par level assignments
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in high volume, quality establishment, or equivalent technical training in the food industry.
- Supervisor experience preferred
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
- Must be familiar of all phases and operations of the kitchen
- Must have a solid skill base of all kitchen operations
- Must be able to operate all kitchen equipment
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must pass Superlap pre-employment assessment
- Must present a neat, clean and professional appearance.
- Bilingual abilities preferred
- Valid Food Handler's Card or Servsafe certification preferred
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able tomaneuver in all areas of the kitchen
· Must be able to bend,stoop, reach, kneel, twist and grip when necessary to complete the duties ofthe position
· Must be able to beproficient on a computer and operate in an office environment
· Must be able tooperate in a fast, multiple task environment
· Must be able to respondcalmly and make rational decisions when dealing with customers and employees
· Must be able to respondto visual and aural cues
· Must be able toalter schedule as needed to suit business needs
· Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
· Must be able to push and pull up to 125 poundsin a cart.
· Must be able to tolerate chemicals for cleaningand sanitizing kitchen areas.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members ofother recognized Arizona tribes.
This isnot necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job,management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require thatother or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies,changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).