Table Games Supervisor-Table Games-Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
Identified shifts will vary based on business needs
Knowledge of dice games required
Starting pay is based on experience and can range up to $33.25 per hour
The Games Supervisor in Table Games supervises the assigned table games staff and ensures a smooth operation, ensures established policies and procedures are followed by the Games Department personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for interviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department
- Conduct Performance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; provide feedback; coaching and development guidance as needed.
- Review, analyze and make recommendations with respect to wage increases; promotions; or demotions as needed.
- Respond to and handle employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Recommend or take appropriate action when administering disciplinary processes in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for planning, supervising and monitoring the work of the team members in assigned area(s).
- Responsible for monitoring legal compliance with federal, state and gaming laws.
- Schedules and places personnel, utilizing the tools and equipment available.
- Supervises the opening and closing procedures of assigned table games.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Ensures a smooth department operation in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Oversees all action in assigned area; reports any outstanding or irregular play to Casino Operations Manager.
- Settles disputes amicably arising from guest complaints.
- Sets the proper example of hospitality and ensures that a visual impression of friendliness and courtesy are maintained from all Games personnel in an assigned area.
- Ensures adherence to all safety policies and procedures and reports any safety hazards to assigned Casino Shift Manager.
- Assists with the monitoring and administration of special promotions and programs.
- Develops new gaming guests through contacts and provides the appropriate services and assistance for these new guests.
- Recommends guest complimentary service of room, food and beverage.
- Recommends changes in the department including: hiring, promotion, demotion, and termination. Recommends wage and salary changes for assigned personnel within established limits.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Responsible for casino operations on an assigned shift.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, G.E.D. is required.
- Must possess strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Minimum 1-2 year’s previous experience in Table Games is preferred.
- Six months previous supervisory experience required.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must project professionalism and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of casino rules, regulations and procedures pertinent to Casino Operations of Table Games required.
- Demonstrated ability to get along with co-workers and work as a team across departments and levels of management.
- Must be flexible and able to work all shifts as needed.
- Present a well-groomed appearance and be energetic and outgoing.
- Have a basic knowledge of other games and services offered at the casino.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be willing to assist in keeping the casino clean.
- Must be willing to approach and converse with strangers.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to walk and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Must have sense of urgency and keep up with fast-paced business practices.
- Must be able to work calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high-noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.