Table Games Dealer- Full Time (Craps)
The Table Games Dealer provides a professional and courteous service to our guests and creates an entertainment environment for all guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Deals cards at an assigned table in accordance with established policies and procedures for the gaming entertainment of Harrah’s guests.
· Maintains a continuous inspection of deck(s), ensuring the security of assigned game at all times.
· Exchanges guest currency for gaming tokens and ensures the safety of all tokens and cash entrusted.
· Assists guests in playing and ensures adherence to established rules, policies and procedures.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
· Coordinates with Supervisors and Security to detect and prevent attempts to cheat and to identify floor irregularities to a Table Games Supervisor, Casino Operations Manager or Assistant Casino Operations Manager.
· Interacts with guests and markets’ Harrah’s products and services
· Communicates all irregularities, safety hazards, and questions to Table Games Supervisor or Casino Operations Manager
· Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies
· Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies
· Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same
· Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or GED preferred
· At least 6 months blackjack dealing experience is required and/or successful completion of a dealer program at an accredited institution or through Harrah’s Ak-Chin dealing school.
· Pass an audition demonstrating adequate gaming propensity.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must possess strong money handling and documentation skills.
- Must meet Harrah’s dealing standards in regard to rules, game knowledge and dealing.
- Must have knowledge of casino rules, procedures and regulations pertaining to the Table Games.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team across departments and levels of management.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Is able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Must possess mathematical abilities including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must have sense of urgency and keep up with fast paced business practices.
- Must be able to work calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Excellent vision (including peripheral) is needed for game security.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).