Surveillance Technician - Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino, where we inspire grown-ups to PLAY!
The Surveillance Technician is responsible for the continuing operation and maintenance, both preventative and remedial of all assigned surveillance equipment, to include the authorized inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain the complete documentation and equipment service records.
- Submit monthly equipment status and accountability reports of work in progress, scheduled, and work completed.
- Able to function in the full capacity as an observer for scheduled periods or as required by departmental needs.
- Comply with various internal departmental policies, procedures and directives.
- Become familiar with the operation and maintenance of all assigned surveillance equipment.
- Perform preventative and remedial maintenance of cameras, domes and associated equipment.
- Maintain physical balance while working above the floor, utilizing ladders, scaffolding, and/or mechanical/hydraulic man lifts.
- Perform assigned duties in accordance with a working knowledge of basic electricity and electronic theory. Adhering to all personal safety requirements and personnel safeguards.
- Maintain current service logs, records, and historical maintenance files of assigned equipment.
- Perform the necessary actions and procedures upon installing and/or relocating surveillance equipment as designated and/or as assigned.
- Facilitate the installation of new, additional, and/or existing cabling of the surveillance systems hardware and video/audio links and data systems.
- Be able to perform the actions of troubleshooting, aligning, adjusting, repairing, and the systems, subsystems, and the associated circuitry to the satisfactory compliance of the operation specifications and user.
- Installation, alignment, adjustment, and operation of the various alarms systems and their reporting equipment-to include aural and visual indicators
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Previous experience and knowledge of CCTV equipment and basic electronics is preferred.
- Previous mechanical and electrical experience that includes proficiency in connecting, splicing, soldering and assembly of electrical and computer components is preferred.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and produce legible, accurate reports.
- Must be able to use a computer and operate efficiently with Word and Excel.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned tasks.
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on ladders and work in high places.
- Must be able to perform for extended periods of time in confined spaces.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).