Surveillance Supervisor- Full Time
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for interviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department
- Conduct Performance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; provide feedback; coaching and development guidance as needed.
- Review, analyze and make recommendations with respect to wage increases; promotions; or demotions as needed.
- Respond to and handle employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Recommend or take appropriate action when administering disciplinary processes in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for planning, supervising and monitoring the work of the team members in assigned area(s).
- Supervises and trains Surveillance Officers according to standard operating procedures. Observes and records any irregular activities as required.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for monitoring legal compliance with federal, state and gaming laws.
- Recommends policy change to the Security & Surveillance Manager.
- Watches for, and is responsible for the documentation and gathering of information on any unusual, irregular or illegal activities occurring inside or outside of the property.
- Assures that Harrah’s Tribal, State and company policies are being followed as prescribed.
- Recommends action plans and other disciplinary action, including termination to the Surveillance Manager.
- Assures department confidentiality and integrity is maintained.
- Analyzes, scrutinizes, reports and documents relevant observations to the department manager.
- Accomplishes these tasks by the use of both CCTV and onsite observations.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Advanced degree in related field preferred
- Must have at least 1-year surveillance lead or supervisor experience in a casino surveillance environment.
- Successful completion of the Supervisor Leadership Assessment Program (SuperLAP) is required.
- Previous experience and knowledge of CCTV equipment and basic electronics is preferred.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must possess a broad knowledge of the properties various casino games.
- Must understand the various departments’ policies and procedures and be able to both acknowledge and document deviations and/or violations when they occur.
- Must possess the aptitude and technical ability to operate surveillance equipment such as CCTV surveillance systems, video printers, video switchers and various computer equipment.
- Understand and acquire a comprehensive knowledge of applicable local, state and tribal gaming laws, cheating techniques and other matters associates with casino gaming.
- Must be able to effectively manage surveillance department issues and personnel.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long hours observing numerable CCTV screens.
- Must be able to work and maneuver in closed quarters.
- Must be able to see and also remember the specific details of incidents and persons.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate the following equipment: VCR’s, monitors, switches, computers, controllers and cameras.
- Must be able to write detailed reports and be able to testify (if necessary) in a court of law in regard to these reports.
- Must be able to identify and respond to numerous signs, which would indicate cheating or other illegal activities have, or are occurring.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist and grip items when necessary.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling guests’ demands in a fast pace environment.
- Excellent vision (including peripheral) is needed to protect the games.
- Must be able to produce honest, objective crew evaluations.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).