Surveillance Officer-Lead- Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
The role of a Surveillance Officer Lead is to assure the protection of the companys assets, reputation and integrity, and assures the overall safety of guests, employees and the property as a whole.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A High school diploma or GED is required.
Must be fully familiar with Harrahs Ak-Chin surveillance operations.
Previous experience in surveillance is required.
- Previous experience and knowledge of CCTV equipment and basic electronics is required.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must be able to conduct surveillance observation on designated areas both as required by applicable laws and as directed by surveillance management.
- Must be able to adhere to the various departments policies and procedures and understand when a violation has occurred.
- Must possess the aptitude and technical ability to operate surveillance equipment such as CCTV surveillance systems, video printers, video switchers and various computerized equipment.
- Must have and/or acquire a broad knowledge of the various casino games offered, and cheating techniques used in these games.
- Must be able to detect when cheating or any unusual, irregular or illegal activities are, or have been present.
- Must be able to write complete, comprehensive reports and maintain department confidentiality and integrity.
- Must be able to work as a team and get along with co-workers.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to possess and demonstrate the ability to exercise good judgment and common sense under stress.
- Must be able to write detailed reports, and if necessary, be able to testify in a court of law in regard to these reports.
- Must be able to identify and respond to the various signs, which would lead a person with limited casino experience to believe cheating is or has been present.
- Must possess the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while conducting monitor and/or floor observations.
- Must possess the necessary vision for close and distant observations.
- Must display and demonstrate the ability to perform simple investigations when directed by surveillance management.