Surveillance Officer - Full Time
The role of a SurveillanceOfficer is to assure the protection of the company's assets, reputation and integrity,as well as assures the overall safety of guests, employees and the property asa whole.
· Conducts surveillance observation on designated areas both as requiredby applicable laws and as directed by surveillance management.
· Operates surveillance equipment such as CCTV surveillance systems,video printers, video switchers and various computerized equipment.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah's and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
· A High school diploma or GED is required.
· Previous experience in surveillance is preferred.
- Previous experience and knowledge of CCTV equipment and basic electronics is preferred.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
· Mustbe able to identify when cheating or any unusual, irregular or illegalactivities are, or have been present.
· Mustbe able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
· Mustpresent a well-groomed appearance.
· Musthave the ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest levelof integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulatedbusiness.
- Must have and/or acquire board knowledge of the various casino games offered, and cheating techniques used to compromise these games and to be able to detect when cheating or any unusual, irregular or illegal activities are, or have been present.
- Must be able to understand the various departments' policies and procedures and understand when a violation has occurred. Must possess the aptitude and the technical ability to
- Must be able to write complete, comprehensive reports. Maintains department confidentiality and integrity, and have the ability to work as a team member and get along with co-workers.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and produce legible, accurate reports.
- Must be able to use a computer and operate efficiently with Word and Excel.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to write detailed reports, and if necessary, be able to testify in a court of law in regard to these reports.
- Must possess the ability to sit or stand for long hours observing numerable CCTV screens.
- Must be able to work and maneuver in closed quarters.
- Must possess the necessary vision for close and distant observations.
- Must display and demonstrate the ability to perform simple investigations when directed by surveillance management.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate the following equipment: NVRs, DVRs, matrix switches, monitors, computers, controllers and cameras.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist and grip items as required to perform various surveillance duties.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling guests' demands in a fast pace environment.
- Must be able to respond quickly and efficiently to Surveillance alarms, fire alarms, and criminal situations.