Strategic Planning Analyst - Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: Assists Planning and Analysis department withpreparation of property plans, budgets, and a variety of ad-hoc financialanalysis and performs other administrative duties as needed.
· Preparation andanalysis of property budgets including capital, strategic and operational plans.
· Maintains files& assists in analysis of statistical, financial and economic data.
· Reports onbusiness conditions and identifies trends in the gaming and recreationindustries.
· Preparesoperating and marketing reviews for operation's management.
· Preparesforecasting models and reports specifying results.
· Preparesestablished/recurring analysis to quantify the impact of casino activities.
· Ensures timelyand accurate completion of assigned analysis.
· Be aparticipative member of the team by volunteering and being involved inprojects, committees, and task forces by providing input and suggestions.
· Contribute to theimprovement of the business with ideas.
· Facilitateschange efforts within the department and the casino.
· Works with otherdepartments for the overall good of the casino.
· Derive implications from very large data sets, distilldata, and create visually pleasing presentations.
* Adheres to regulatory, departmental and companypolicies in an ethical manner
· Bachelor's degreefrom a top-tier program in one of the following areas or in an equivalenttechnical field: Finance, Marketing, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics,Revenue or Hotel Management, Business, Accounting.
· Relevant workexperience in financial analysis, marketing, operations analysis, or the gamingindustry preferred but not required.
· Must be technicallyskilled and have experience using data analysis tools including Windows and MSOffice products.
· Must be able toquickly learn relevant industry database applications and software
· Experience withHyperion Essbase and Microsoft Access preferred.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge,skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
· Must be able to execute complex formulas and pivot tablesusing Microsoft Excel.
· Must have the abilityto train quickly in other software programs.
· Excellent written,oral and presentation skills.
· Must be able to apply advanced math skills to analyze manydiverse data sets.
· Must be able to think critically and possess strongstatistical, financial, and analytical skills.
· Ability to workindependently, be detailed and results oriented, have excellent time managementskills, and able to work collaboratively with others.
· Must have goodunderstanding of the general makeup of financial statements; familiarity withgeneral financial principles.
· Be proactive withincidents and issues ensuring resolution with employees.
· Must have theability to communicate complex ideas to co-workers and internal clients; strongwriting and communication skills
· Must be able tomanage numerous projects simultaneously at various stages of development
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Thephysical demands described here are representative of those that must be met byan employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able tomaneuver around all areas of the casino
· Must be able towork on the computer for extended periods of time
· Must be able towork in an office environment
· Must be able towork in an environment that may contain second hand smoke
· Must be able to sitfor long periods of time
· Must be able to usestandard office equipment including but not limited to: computer, keyboard, mouse, copy machine,printer and facsimile.Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, pull and push upto 40 pounds