Steward - On Call (4)
Adheres to hotelspecifications and standards in operating the dishwashing machine to washdesignated restaurant, banquet and kitchen wares, clean and maintain kitchenlines, pantry areas and back hallways.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation for all pots and pans.
- Responsible for washing china, glassware, silverware, mopping and sweeping floors and keeping work area clean and organized.
· Responsible forre-stocking the buffet lines with ice, china, flatware, and glassware.
- Responsible for polishing all silver equipment as needed/or directed.
- Requires the wearing of proper safety equipment at all times which will prevent the possibility of injury from the usage of certain chemicals
- Responsible for emptying trashcans and keeping the loading dock clean.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the floors as directed by the supervisor.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all walk-ins, freezers, reach-ins and back hallways.
- Responsible for the daily cleaning and detail of all restaurant deep fryers, walk-ins, reach-ins, hoods, floors, all types of floor mats, garbage cans, ceiling tiles, air vents, table bases, smokers, warmers, pantry stations, copper hoods, hot lines, speed racks, mixers, stainless steel tables, table ovens and pizza ovens..
- Must adhere to all Health department, sanitation and safety regulations as required.
- Must maintain a high standard of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Will help in banquet dish ups as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for washing floor mats, speed racks, queenmarys, kettles, roasting pans, dollies, etc.
- Responsible for breaking down most of the machines and equipment, ovens, grills, broilers, etc. for proper cleaning.
- Responsible for the daily cleaning grills, broilers and ovens as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 1-3 years of previous experience as hotel/restaurant dishwasher or in janitorial/cleaning position preferred.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
- Must have the ability to maintain and properly handle tools to perform the necessary job functions
- Must have knowledge of kitchen sanitation.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team member.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands.
- Must have the knowledge of proper usage of a variety of chemicals and the awareness and locations of all the MSDS stations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the kitchen and food service areas.
- Must be able to tolerate areas with high temperatures.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds above or below shoulders.
- Must be able to push and pull up to 100 pounds in a cart.
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to use kitchen utensils such as knives, spatulas, food tongs, etc. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, crouch, kneel, push and pull when rotating stock and cleaning work area.
- Must be familiar with the following kitchen equipment: stove, grills, fryers and other utensils. Must be fast and accurate.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand Basic English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of otherrecognized Arizona tribes.
This isnot necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job,management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require thatother or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g.emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technicaldevelopments).