Staff Accountant- Full Time
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Work with departments to ensure financial statements are correct and in line with budgets
· Performs balance sheet reconciliations timely and researches all variances.
· Analyze and solve problems, including AP related issues, also research of Vendor payments, and preparation of the AP accrual.
· Assist with budget and planning process, or providing detail for departments as needed.
· Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies, have a working knowledge of GAAP, and adherence to Tribal policies.
· Assist with internal and external audits
· Provide answers to questions concerning accounting
· Support areas of Revenue Audit to ensure proper and accurate treatment of revenue posted to the GL from the sub-ledger.
· Cash management - reconciliation of Master Depository and other Cash accounts as necessary.
· Process journal entries to correct variances and process journal entries on the balance sheet accounts
· Produce daily, monthly, and quarterly reports as requested by Accounting Supervisor, Controller, Director or as needed for Vendor reviews, audits performed by either TGA or ADOG or any regulatory agency.
· Conduct research for special projects and produce special reports as needed
· Conduct cost testing of food & beverage and retail inventory.
· Assist with fixed asset accounting or any accounting related to capital expenditures as needed.
· Data entry, filing, and other clerical duties as needed
· Be a participate member of the team by volunteering and being involved in projects, committees, and task forces by providing input and suggestions
· Adhere to regulatory, departmental and company policies in an ethical manner.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
· Other duties as required by department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or GED, Accounting Course work preferred.
· BS or BA Degree preferred but not required.
· 1 year experience in financial office setting, required.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
· Must possess strong computer skills
· Must have general Math Skills
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
· Must be a self-starter; must work without close supervision with ability to work independently
· Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Must have excellent attendance record in previous positions
· Must be willing to learn and to be adaptable
· Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail
· Must maintain a professional appearance at all times
· Must work well in a team setting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
· Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues.
· Must be able to read, write and speak English.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds above or below shoulders
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule to achieve month end close demands, including possibly Holidays or weekends.
· Must be able to maneuver around all areas of the casino
· Must be able to work in an environment which may contain second hand smoke
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).