Sportsbook Ticket Writer- Sportsbook-Part Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Writes tickets and processes cash winning tickets
- Handles customer questions and disputes
- Counts cash at the beginning and end of each shift
- Ensure all customers, whether regular or infrequent, are made to feel welcome at all times
- Carry out engaging conversations and provide friendly service to customers
- Show patience with customers who do not wager regularly; take the time to explain how wagering works
- Committed to working in a compliant environment in the Sportsbook at all times and adhere to Gaming Control Board reporting requirements
- Calls for MTL support when writing bets requiring MTL paperwork
- Adhere to Uniform Policy and ensures good standard of personal presentation at all times
- Anticipate and act on the needs of the customer, seek and respond to feedback
- Ensure all issues effecting the customer experience in the sports book are reported promptly
- Undertake additional tasks contributing to the operations of the sports book, as requested
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Sets the proper example of hospitality and ensures that a visual impression of friendliness and courtesy are.
- Ensures adherence to all safety policies and procedures and reports any safety hazards to assigned Sports Book Supervisor.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Prior casino experience is preferred
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Genuinely interested in working with and helping customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Prefer working as part of a team
- Well-presented, polite, tactful and friendly
- Numerate, lively and quick-thinking
- Resolve complaints and difficult situations in a calm and patient manner
- Enjoy promoting products and services confidently
- Gather and act on customer feedback effectively
- Prioritize quick, effective speed of service
- High standards, initiative, pro-activity and professionalism
- Flexible to perform different tasks and follow procedures correctly
- Full of drive and enthusiasm for your own development
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be willing to assist in keeping the casino clean.
- Must be willing to approach and converse with strangers.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to walk and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Must have sense of urgency and keep up with fast-paced business practices.
- Must be able to work calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high-noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 22251