Sportsbook Supervisor- Sportsbook- Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises all wagering policies of the Race& Sports books
- Awareness of Management information to maximize profitability of the Sports book
- Agree and Deliver action plans with Sports Book Shift Manager to improve performance
- Review customer activity with Sports Book Shift Manager on a regular basis, identifying non-profitable business and customers impacting on profitability and adhering to Caesars procedures to protect the sports book’s profitability
- Ensure the Sports book team is aware of customers impacting on profitability and that agreed actions are adhered to
- Ensure betting control guidelines are adhered to within the sports book
- Resolve bet queries within agreed levels of authority and in a timely manner
- Manage all accountable costs, with particular emphasis on use of establishment hours
- Plan with Sports Book Shift Manager and lead team participation in all promotional activity
- Actively support sports book development strategy
- Be aware of local competitor activity and report all changes
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Ensures a smooth department operation in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Oversees all action in assigned area; reports any outstanding or irregular play to Sports Book Manager.
- Settles disputes amicably arising from guest complaints.
- Sets the proper example of hospitality and ensures that a visual impression of friendliness and courtesy are maintained from all Games personnel in an assigned area.
- Ensures adherence to all safety policies and procedures and reports any safety hazards to assigned Sports Book Manager.
- Assists with the monitoring and administration of special promotions and programs.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years’ of experience in sports book or race track or other gaming environment
- 1+ year of experience in a managerial / supervisory role
- Must possess strong supervisory and leadership skills.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- A strong commitment to customer service excellence, genuinely interested in helping customers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to lead and motivate when necessary
- Well-presented, polite, tactful and friendly
- Numerate, lively and quick-thinking; good level of decision-making skills
- Handle pressure and resolve complaints/difficult situations in a calm and patient manner
- Enjoy promoting products and services confidently
- Gather and act on customer feedback effectively
- Prioritize quick, effective speed of service
- High standards, initiative, proactivity and professionalism
- Flexible to perform different tasks and follow procedures correctly
- Full of drive and enthusiasm for your own development
- Understanding of regulatory requirements; e.g., Gambling Commission, Health & Safety, Equality Act
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be willing to assist in keeping the casino clean.
- Must be willing to approach and converse with strangers.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to walk and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Must have sense of urgency and keep up with fast-paced business practices.
- Must be able to work calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high-noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).