Establishesleadership, direction and accountability for all lead and line level employeesin respective culinary areas.
· Responsible forinterviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department
· Under thedirection of the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef maintains consistency andquality for all food items in respective areas
· Ensures menu developmenttimelines are met
· Directs andmanages leads and line level employees to achieve budgetary, food quality andcustomer service expectations
· Ensurescomprehensive training and exposure in the expected areas of competency
· Provides Lead andLine level support and coverage during vacations or staffing gaps.
- Conducts Performance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures
- Provides feedback; coaching and development guidance as needed.
- Responds to and handles employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Recommends or takes appropriate action when administering disciplinary processes in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for planning, supervising and monitoring the work of the team members in assigned area(s).
- Assists in ensuring schedules are complete based on aforecast and allowable productivity standards
· Adegree or certification from an accredited culinary arts institute, orapprenticeship certification from the American Culinary Federation or theequivalent years experience as a Professional Chef for a hotel, resort or chainconcept restaurant corporation is required.
· Experience must include room service,continental cuisine, high volume three meal/coffee shop, steakhouse andItalian.
· Musthave been exposed and/or experienced enough to have strong working knowledge ofAsian, Mexican, Southern, Italian, Cajun, Continental, Seafood and East Coastcuisines.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
· Mustbe able to communicate effectively through written policy, memorandum, E-mailand verbally communicate through public speaking and one on one.
· Mustbe proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel (required) and AS/400 Stratton/Warrensystem (preferred).
· Musthave an established reputation of being a dynamic and team-oriented leader witha proven ability to manage multiple priorities, inspire and elevate anindividual or a team's performance.
· Mustbe extremely guest and employee focused. Successful completion of Superlap is required.
· Inaddition, it is recommended that all internal candidates complete the ExploringSupervisor Opportunities (ESO) readiness activities.
· Ability touphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations andrecognize standards required by a regulated business
· Musthave an expert working knowledge and be highly proficient and skilled in thefollowing: Food Storage andIdentification; Food Cooling and Thawing; Food Re-thermalization; Managing andExpediting Orders; Recipe Formulization and Yield; Knife Handling andSharpening; Stock, Soup and Sauce Production; Dry, Moist and CombinationCooking; Pantry, Garde Manger Preparation; Weights and Measures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able tobe on feet twelve hours per day
· Must be able to withstandfrequent changes in temperature.
· Must be able tobend, stoop, reach, crouch, kneel, push and pull.
· Must be able tolift 70 pounds above or below shoulders
· Must be able to pushor pull weights of 125 pounds on a cart.
· Must be able to tolerate chemicals for cleaningand sanitizing kitchen areas.
· Must be able to work in an area which containssecond hand smoke
· Must be flexible with schedule
· Must be able to maneuver to all areas of thekitchen and outlets
· Must have visual acuity
* Must have manual dexterity to work with kitchenutensils and equipment