Social Media Specialist- Marketing-Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
As a Social Media Specialist, you will be responsible for various aspects of social media marketing at Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino, working closely with Database Marketing/Advertising, Entertainment, Event/Promotions, Hospitality and Human Resources. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include involvement in various aspects of social media, which helps to make a significant impact on the success of the company! You will help make each social media platform a space where guests and employees engage in a digital, fast-paced environment that parallels an outstanding in-person experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- MANAGING SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT
Assist with designing & executing campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Tiktok
- To include both the property channels and employment channels
- Develops monthly calendars for leadership approval
- Audit and maintain standards/guidelines on brand tone, voice, and curation content mix
Drive research and awareness of hot/effective social media campaigns to continually evolve channel strategy across all platforms
Engage with users responding to content, which includes listening on social channels to identify issues in the social sphere and either solve the problem directly or escalate to appropriate management.
Independently create content to include:
- Capturing and editing photos
- Help create and edit videos
Answer private messages from users in a timely matter
- Including working with various departments to ensure accuracy
Lead insights into digital trends across all areas social platforms
- WORK WITH ADVERTISING AGENCY & PR FIRM
Brainstorm new ideas and respond to recommendations for both agencies
Coordinating stays for influencers, which includes:
- Working with advertising agency to determine time of stay
- Booking hotel, restaurant, cabana, etc. reservations
- Being main point of contact for influencer
Assist advertising agency with paid social content, to include:
- Supplying elements requested
- Providing feedback on concepts created by agency
- Proofreading posts and sending approval to agency
Assist with inquiries from PR firm, to include:
- Supplying elements requested
- Proofreading photo caption, press release, etc.
- Acting as a liaison between firm and employees
- ANALYZING CONTENT
Work with department leaders to better understand the overall goals of the company, including the brand, customer wants, product goals, hiring needs and all other aspects of service.
Analyzes analytics both independently and from advertising agency to gauge how well campaigns are performing.
Provides suggestions to management for improving customer experience on social platforms and internal processes.
Learns and becomes proficient with internal software.
Assists in creating reports centered around performance of campaigns.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
Supports marketing team at events.
Assists with photo/video shoots happening on property.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Experience in Marketing, Advertising, Business, Entertainment Management, Events Management, Business Communication or Communication and Digital Media Studies preferred.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must possess excellent skills in project and people management, communication and writing
- Must have great attention to detail and motivation to drive projects to completion
- Must have working knowledge of Excel, Word, Access and query creation
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Professional written and verbal presentation skills are necessary
- Must be able to learn new computer systems quickly
- Able to operate in a team environment and represent the company in a positive way
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver in all areas of the casino, bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist and grip when necessary to complete the duties of the position
- Must be able to utilize a computer and operate in office environment
- Must be able to operate in a fast, multiple task environment, respond calmly and make rational decisions when dealing with customers and respond to visual and aural cues
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).