Slot Technician - Full Time
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Upbeat personality and positive attitude for all interactions with guests and fellow employees.
- Proactive in anticipating customer needs by continually searching for customers in need of service.
- Provide prompt and courteous service when repairing or verifying transactions at machines.
- Must become familiar with all guests, remembering names and guest preferences.
- Performs task as requested by immediate and departmental management.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with customers making every effort to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Acts as a role model; always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Coordinates with Casino Management and Security to detect and prevent attempts to cheat or damage gaming equipment and to identify and report floor irregularities.
- Accurate and careful account and handling of company funds.
- Knowledge of department policies and procedures.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Exercises appropriate discretion in identifying situations that require management attention.
- Ability to handle secured keys within department guidelines.
- Responsible for monitoring all casino floor and ballroom audio visual needs, including replacing, upgrading, running A/V cables as needed for all property and vendor events
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience in technical area preferred
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Entry level knowledge of mechanical and electronic/electrical technical equipment preferred.
- Must be able to assist with all audio-visual needs on the casino floor and ballrooms.
- Knowledge of casino rules, procedures and regulations pertaining to Slot Operations preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team across departments and levels of management.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds below or above shoulders.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to walk and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Must have a sense of urgency and keep up with fast paced business practices.
- Must be able to work calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Must have visual acuity.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime when required.
- Must be able to push and pull up to 500 pounds
- Must be able to safely use tools and equipment required for job tasks
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).