Security Supervisor - Full Time (2)
Directall Security activities on assigned shift. Responsible for the supervision, direction and guidance of the SecurityOfficers.
- Responsible for interviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department
- Conduct Performance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; provide feedback; coaching and development guidance as needed.
- Responsible for planning, supervising and monitoring the work of the team members in assigned area(s).
- Responsible for monitoring legal compliance with federal, state and gaming laws.
- Train and coordinate Security personnel to ensure compliance with all related policies to provide a safe environment for our guests.
- Prepare work schedules, provide daily briefings, assign breaks, monitor reports, initiate the investigative process when necessary, review paperwork, conduct performance evaluations, monitor individual and team performance and coach and document as necessary.
- Ensure posts are properly manned and that relief's are provided when necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality according to Harrah's guidelines.
- Represent the company and its property to ensure all casino regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Interview, investigate and documents all applicable incidents in accordance with company policies.
· Demonstratesexpertise in all service standards and clearly communicates expectations toteam members.
· Rigorouslyhold all team members accountable for exhibiting all service standards at alltimes and ensure they know the value that these behaviors create for theguests, employees and Company
· Modelsa passion for the Company mission, vision and values as well as inspiring teammembers to do the same.
· Executesthe Service Recovery model at a proficient level as well as ensuring all teammembers are empowered to efficiently utilize the tools of the service recoverymodel.
· Mustbe an expert on how customer service is measured and be able to articulateservice scores to team members.
· Mustbe an effective coach and developer of team members by using the leadercoaching skills to get, guide and root for employees.
· Worksto improve service breakdowns to minimize or prevent impact to our guestsand/or employees.
· Createsonboarding training experiences for new hires to set them up for success.
· Createsand update training and development tools
· Motivatesthe team to work toward peak performance
· Consistentlymanages employee labor through efficient scheduling and staffing to businessvolume and demand
· Demonstratesways of reducing cost when executing on inventories and ordering
· Mustthink creatively and innovatively to identify cost savings opportunities at alltimes
· Traindepartment trainers to execute top notch training for new hires
- Review, analyze and make recommendations with respect to wage increases; promotions; or demotions as needed.
- Respond to and handle employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain sufficient awareness of compact requirements and company policies to ensure effective compliance.
- Assist Management team and Risk and Safety in adverse situations
- Oversee the drop processes.
- Assist Security Manager in security functions of alarms and reporting of disorder on the casino premises.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with Harrah's guidelines.
- Administer first aid and CPR as needed
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
· HighSchool Diploma or GED required.
- Extensive professional and college level training preferred.
- Successful completion of the Supervisor Leadership Assessment Program (Super LAP) is required.
- Must possess strong leadership, supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive command or supervisory level law enforcement experience, and/or casino security experience, or combination thereof, is required.
Therequirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilityrequired to fulfill the obligations of this position.
· Must have a valid driver's license.
· Good driving record (in the last three years, nosuspensions, no DUI/DWI convictions, less than 3 moving violations/chargeableaccidents).
· Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
· Must have strong oral and written communicationskills.
· Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as ateam.
· Present a well-groomed appearance.
· Must be honest and trustworthy.
· Must have good attendance record.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Harrah's policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Thephysical demands described here are representative of those that must be met byan employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to run.
- Physically able to lift and carry 25 lbs. in each hand at the same time for short distances.
- Physically able to assist in moving heavy carts.
- Physically able to stand/walk long periods of time, regardless of weather conditions.
- Must be able to push heavy loads, bend, reach, kneel, twist, grip, stoop and crouch.
- Must have the ability to listen, problem solve, negotiate, use collaboration skills and give oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be alert and observant of your surroundings.
- Must be alert to radio traffic in noisy casino environment.
- Must have the ability to be firm, yet polite, when necessary.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in adverse situations.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, efficiently.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.
· Must be able tooperate in mentally and physically stressful situations
· Must be able towork a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Preference is given to Ak-Chincommunity members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of allresponsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditionsassociated with the job. While this is intended to be an accuratereflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise thecurrent job or to require that other or different tasks be performed whencircumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rushjobs or technical developments).