Security/Risk & Safety Manager- Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directs all Security and Property Risk Administration activities.
- Monitors activities regarding guest and employee safety, gaming regulations and company policies to ensure effective performance.
- Handles compliance matters related to the Security Department.
- Maintains departmental goals.
- Monitors incident reports, ensuring accurate and effective handling and initiating of the investigation process; develops, implements and maintains required internal and external reporting procedures.
- Initiates and completes investigations relating to internal and external security matters.
- Performs project management duties as required. Works with vendors and/or consultants when necessary.
- Ensures the confidentiality of records and files used in the course of Security investigations.
- Complies with all rules, regulations, policies and procedures and the Arizona Gaming Compact.
- Handles compliance matters related to the Security Department including reviewing and updating policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates expertise in all service standards and clearly communicates expectations to team members.
- Rigorously hold all team members accountable for exhibiting all service standards at all times and ensure they know the value that these behaviors create for the guests, employees and Company
- Models a passion for the Company mission, vision and values as well as inspiring team members to do the same.
- Executes the Service Recovery model at a proficient level as well as ensuring all team members are empowered to efficiently utilize the tools of the service recovery model.
- Must be an expert on how customer service is measured and be able to articulate service scores to team members.
- Must be an effective coach and developer of team members by using the leader coaching skills to get, guide and root for employees.
- Works to improve service breakdowns to minimize or prevent impact to our guests and/or employees.
- Creates onboarding training experiences for new hires to set them up for success.
- Creates and update training and development tools
- Motivates the team to work toward peak performance
- Proactively identifies revenue opportunities with the spirit of Business Process Improvement
- Demonstrates analytical reasoning skills to identify and work through challenging problems and creates solutions.
- Exercises creative and innovative thinking and implementation to identify cost savings opportunities at all times
- Empowers and develops supervisory staff to effectively manage labor costs and supply costs based on business volume and demand
- Trains supervisors to use department specific systems
- Observes and coaches supervisors on leadership and coaching skills
- Empowers supervisors to work through challenging customer/employee issues
- Documents performance as needed for both positive and corrective performance behaviors
- Collaborates with other departments and Human Resources to create a highly skilled team of employees
- Holds leaders accountable for performance and customer service management programs and practices
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Prepares work schedules, security detail assignments and payroll records.
- Monitors the exclusion list and ensures effective enforcement where appropriate.
- Operates a motorized vehicle (i.e., company vehicle)
- Supervise, trains and coordinates staff to ensure compliance with all related policies, gaming regulations, OSHA and court appearances.
- Prepares and monitors Security budget and maintains expenses’ within the budget
- Ensure all Security Equipment is maintained and running properly.
- Responsible for 24 hour, 7 days a week Security/Customer Service operation to provide timely response to routine and emergency situation.
- Develops and coordinates a continuous research program to identify and solve security/customer service related problems.
- Prepares professional quality reports, presentations, memorandums and letters as required.
- Develops and maintains files on Security related matters.
- Fosters partnerships and coordinates with the outside law enforcement agencies/entities as needed to provide adequate Security protection for the property during special events or as needed.
- Sets clear expectations and objectives for all Security Department staff members.
- Provides physical Security, traffic, transportation and parking control.
- Confers with other department managers and/or directors to formulate policies, determine need for programs and coordinates programs with activities.
- Directs all Security and Property Risk Administration activities.
- Operates a motorized vehicle (i.e., company van)
- Maintains good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Advanced Degree is preferred in law enforcement and/or or five to seven years training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have at least 5 years of leadership experience
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Knowledge of safety operations and procedures, safety methods and practices and public/customer service skills in a gaming environment.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations and requirements.
- Ability to apply decision making and problem solving skills to all situations.
- Experience in operating business computers and office machines.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in writing, oral diagram or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a stressful, fast paces environment.
- Ability to obtain CPR certification.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist and grab while working at assigned tasks.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, efficiently.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.
- Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).