Security Officer II - Full Time
Protects the assets of the company and provides a safeenvironment for employees and guests. Monitor the daily activity of assignedshift in the absence of the Security Supervisor.
- Enforce company security regulations.
- Guard transfer of money and throughout casino.
- Represent the company and its property to ensure all casino regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Patrol all sections of the casino to identify safety hazards and breaks in security.
- Interview, investigate and documents all applicable incidents in accordance with company policies.
- Responsible for planning and monitoring the work of the team members in assigned area(s).
- Distribute work schedules, provide daily briefings, assigns breaks, monitor reports, initiate the investigative process when necessary, and monitors individual and team performance and reports discrepancies to Security Supervisor or Manager.
- Report any employee or guest issues that require coaching to the Security Manager or to the on duty Casino Manager (at no time will the Security Officer II conduct employee coaching or any disciplinary actions.)
- Perform all security-related duties for the casino.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with Harrah's guidelines.
- Administer first aid and CPR as needed
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah's and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
· HighSchool Diploma or GED preferred.
· Must have completed 12 months employment as a SecurityOfficer or have extensivebackground in security.
- In addition, successful completion of SuperLap is preferrred.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
· Must have a valid driver's license.
· Good driving record (in the last three years, nosuspensions, no DUI/DWI convictions, less than 3 moving violations/chargeableaccidents).
· Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
· Must have strong oral and written communicationskills.
· Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as ateam.
· Present a well-groomed appearance.
· Must be honest and trustworthy.
· Must have good attendance record.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Harrah's policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to run.
- Physically able to lift and carry 25 lbs. in each hand at the same time for short distances.
- Physically able to assist in moving heavy carts.
- Physically able to stand/walk long periods of time, regardless of weather conditions.
- Must be able to push heavy loads, bend, reach, kneel, twist, grip, stoop and crouch.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be alert and observant of your surroundings.
- Must be alert to radio traffic in noisy casino environment.
- Must have the ability to be firm, yet polite, when necessary.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in adverse situations.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, efficiently.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.
· Must be able tooperate in mentally and physically stressful situations
· Must be able towork a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Preference is given to Ak-Chincommunity members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of allresponsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditionsassociated with the job. While this is intended to be an accuratereflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise thecurrent job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstanceschange, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs ortechnical developments).