ROOM SERVICE ATTENDANT
Responsible for providing meals, beverages and excellent guest service to Harrah's hotel guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Pushes room service table or carries room service tray to elevators and delivers meals to assigned guest room in a timely fashion.
· Stocks assigned area as required.
· Rolls silverware as needed.
· Presents room service check to hotel guest and collects cash or signature for meals or other items delivered.
· Sets up room service tray or table according to procedure with plates, knives, spoons, forks, cups and napkins.
· Obtains food items from cook's line to place on table or tray for delivery to guest rooms.
· Picks up stock order from dry storage to maintain adequate supplies in assigned area.
· Cleans out closets of all used trays, plates, etc.
· Takes and delivers drink order, coffee, water, tea and other beverages to guests as needed.
· Clears tables of all items when guests have left and removes soiled dishware to the dishwashing area, linens to soiled laundry area and other items to disposal area.
· Assists Food Server in preparing and delivering food to guest.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
· Prepares and sets tables for service.
· Collaborates to maintain new knowledge and cross trains in different Food & Beverage Outlets.
· Assists with cleaning and resetting tables
· Assists with maintaining adequate supply of cleaning materials and supplies
· Others duties as assigned
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· 6 months full service restaurant Waitperson experience preferred.
· Mathematical abilities, including ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
· Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
· Excellent guest relations skills.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Mobility and dexterity to carry room service tray overhead, push and pull room service table.
· Flexibility in fingers and hands to put condiments and food on tray and/or table.
· Ability to carry at least 20 pounds above or below shoulders
· Must be able to push or pull up to 50 pounds
· Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the property including but not limited to: Kitchen, Dining room, Hotel and casino floor.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).