Retail Clerk - Full Time
The Retail Clerk works in the Gift Shop and the primary role is to assist customers in purchasing merchandise up to and including cashiering responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide excellent customer service and possess effective selling skills.
- Responsible for following and adhering to Cash Handling policies and procedures.
- Maintain stock levels as directed.
- Maintains merchandise on display neatly and in proper area.
- Receives and marks prices on merchandise as directed.
- Follows proper procedures and maintains cleanliness of the work area.
- Sponsors and trains new employees as required.
- Assists in monthly inventory.
- Process requisitions in a timely manner.
- Inventory control in assigned areas (verify current inventory levels, initiate request for P.O.s, order, receive, reconcile)
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Develops improvement plans to control inventory.
- Is responsible for maintaining staff work schedules.
- Ensures maximum guest satisfaction and service. Ensures that all services and facilities provided meet Harrah’s standards.
- Investigates and resolves external and internal guests’ complaints.
- Responsible for all window and internal displays.
- Is able to count change, maintain balanced cash drawer, and manage money.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Six months retail or retail-related experience is required.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must have proven customer service skills and be able to keep records in English and maintain mathematics records.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Communicate in a positive and friendly manner.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, knowledge of retail marketing, excellent leadership skills, and demonstrated guest service orientation
- Must have minimal computer skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout Retail area.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations and stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, climb ladder and grip items while working at an assigned area.
- Must be able read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to accept any and all job assignments from the manager or department lead
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).