Restuarant Supervisor- Buffet
Responsiblefor the effective use of all assigned personnel to achieve maximum operatingresults, revenue tracking and cost of sales control. The Restaurant Supervisor provides directionto staff on an assigned shift
· Responsible forinterviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department
· ConductPerformance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; providefeedback; coaching and development guidance as needed.
· Review, analyzeand make recommendations with respect to wage increases; promotions, ordemotions as needed.
· Responsible forplanning, supervising and monitoring the work of the team members in assignedarea(s).
· Supervises theday-to-day operation of the assigned outlet in accordance with establishedpolicies and procedures.
· Controlsoperations according to standards and guidelines.
· Ensures thatavailable facilities are adequate for the performance of duties by assignedpersonnel.
· Maintains andinstructs assigned personnel as to safety and sanitation policies andprocedures; ensures hazards are eliminated.
· Monitorsappearance of food served and communicates deviations from standard to theKitchen Supervisor.
· Prepares andcoordinates the periodical performance reviews of assigned personnel.
· Recommendschanges including hiring, promotion, demotion and release of personnel;recommends wage and salary adjustments for personnel within established limits.
· Demonstratesexpertise in all service standards and clearly communicates expectations toteam members.
· Rigorously holdall team members accountable for exhibiting all service standards at all timesand ensure they know the value that these behaviors create for the guests,employees and Company
· Models a passionfor the Company mission, vision and values as well as inspiring team members todo the same.
· Executes the ServiceRecovery model at a proficient level as well as ensuring all team members areempowered to efficiently utilize the tools of the service recovery model.
· Must be an experton how customer service is measured and be able to articulate service scores toteam members.
· Must be aneffective coach and developer of team members by using the leader coachingskills to get, guide and root for employees.
· Works to improveservice breakdowns to minimize or prevent impact to our guests and/oremployees.
· Creates onboardingtraining experiences for new hires to set them up for success.
· Creates andupdate training and development tools
· Motivates theteam to work toward peak performance
· Consistentlymanages employee labor through efficient scheduling and staffing to businessvolume and demand
· Demonstratesways of reducing cost when executing on inventories and ordering
· Mustthink creatively and innovatively to identify cost savings opportunities at alltimes
· Traindepartment trainers to execute top notch training for new hires
· Responsible formonitoring legal compliance with federal, state and gaming laws.
· Performs assignedinput work in compiling annual budgets.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Assists with the execution of Banquet services.
· Other duties asassigned.
· Advanceddegree preferred or equivalent technical training in food and beverage
· Successfulcompletion of the Supervisor Leadership Assessment Program (SuperLAP) isrequired.
· Fouryears restaurant industry work, including two years supervision ispreferred.
· Two-years'experience or certification in food preparation is preferred.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
· Mustbe able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
· Mustbe able to read, write, speak and understand English.
· Mustpresent a well-groomed appearance.
· Musthave the ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest levelof integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulatedbusiness.
- Must be proficient in using computers to complete related tasks.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino, including all food and beverage service areas.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to push or pull up to 300 lbs. on a cart or dolly.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks at one time.
- Must be able to compile, compute and analyze pertinent data needed for reports.
- Must be able to negotiate with diverse departments.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and tactfully.
- Must be able to implement strategic vision and plan into day-to-day operations.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to work on feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands.
Preference is given to Ak-Chincommunity members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of allresponsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditionsassociated with the job. While this is intended to be an accuratereflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the currentjob or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstanceschange, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs ortechnical developments).