Restaurant Supervisor (Chop Block & Brew)
The Restaurant Supervisor is responsible for the effective use of all assigned personnel to achieve maximum operating results, revenue tracking and cost of sales control. The Restaurant Supervisor provides direction to staff on an assigned shift
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES (PLEASE LIST POSITION TITLES): Cashier Hosts, Food Servers & Bus Persons
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for interviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department
- Conduct Performance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; provide feedback; coaching and development guidance as needed.
- Review, analyze and make recommendations with respect to wage increases; promotions, or demotions as needed.
- Respond to and handle employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Recommend or take appropriate action when administering disciplinary processes in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for planning, supervising and monitoring the work of the team members in assigned area(s).
- Responsible for monitoring legal compliance with federal, state and gaming laws.
- Supervises the day-to-day operation of the assigned outlet in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Establishes and administers training programs of subordinates within the assigned outlet. Counsels, guides and instructs personnel in the proper performance of their duties.
- Controls operations according to standards and guidelines.
- Maintains an efficient program of scheduling to ensure a high standard of food service with the use of minimum labor hours.
- Ensures that available facilities are adequate for the performance of duties by assigned personnel.
- Maintains and instructs assigned personnel as to safety and sanitation policies and procedures; ensures hazards are eliminated.
- Monitors appearance of food served and communicates deviations from standard to the Kitchen Supervisor.
- Acts immediately on all customer comments to ensure that corrections are made when possible.
- Performs assigned input work in compiling annual budgets.
- Prepares and coordinates the periodical performance reviews of assigned personnel.
- Recommends changes including hiring, promotion, demotion and release of personnel; recommends wage and salary adjustments for personnel within established limits.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents self as a credit to Harrah's and encourages others to do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Tracks outlet and employee performance against plan and initiates corrective action under the guidance of the manager to achieve revenues, operating expenses and TPSS ratings.
- Must be proficient in using computers to complete related tasks.
- Assists with the execution of Banquet services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be a graduate of post high school two year Culinary Arts School or equivalent technical training in food and beverage field substituted on a year-to-year basis. Successful completion of the Supervisor Leadership Assessment Program (SuperLAP) is required. Four years restaurant industry work, including two years supervision is preferred. Two-years' experience or certification in food preparation is preferred.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Must present a well-groomed appearance. In addition, it is recommended that all internal candidates complete the Exploring Supervisor Opportunities (ESO) readiness activities. Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.