Pool Attendant - Full Time
The Pool Attendant plays a role in greeting and meeting guests at the pool area within 10 seconds. The Pool Attendant maintains a clean work area around the pool.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains a neat and clean work area, but not limited to, arranging pool furniture, picking up used towels, stocking clean pool towels, empty all trash cans and ash urns and cleaning the pool.
- Maintain pool restrooms and refill supplies (soaps, etc.) in order to provide convenient and courteous service.
- Detail cleans Corkscrews Lounge
- Sweep/Wash cool deck
- Must be able to complete work assignments with little direct supervision.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Calls security if emergency situation arises
- Collects payments for the sale of sunscreen, sunglasses, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Previous experience preferred
- CPR training preferred
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and foster team work.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must have good guest service skills
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver around the pool area easily.
- Ability to swim preferred
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and direct sunlight for long periods of time
- Must be able to stand and walk for the entire shift.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, efficiently.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.
- Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).