Poker Dealer Part Time
ThePoker Dealer provides a professional and courteous service to our guests andcreates an entertainment environment for all guests.
· Deals cards at anassigned table in accordance with established policies and procedures for thegaming entertainment of Harrah's guests.
· Maintains a continuous inspection of deck(s),ensuring the security of assigned game at all times.
* Exchanges guest currency for gaming tokens and ensuresthe safety of all tokens and cash entrusted
· HighSchool Diploma or GED preferred
· Atleast 6 months Poker dealing experience is required and/or successfulcompletion of a dealer program at an accredited institution or through Harrah'sAk-Chin dealing school.
· Passan audition demonstrating adequate gaming propensity.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
- Must possess strong money handling and documentation skills.
- Must meet Harrah's dealing standards in regard to rules, game knowledge and dealing.
- Must have knowledge of casino rules, procedures and regulations pertaining to the Poker room.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team across departments and levels of management.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Is able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Must possess mathematical abilities including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must have sense of urgency and keep up with fast paced business practices.
- Must be able to work calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Excellent vision (including peripheral) is needed for game security.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues