Poker Dealer - Part Time
ThePoker Dealer provides a professional and courteous service to our guests andcreates an entertainment environment for all guests.
· Deals cards at anassigned table in accordance with established policies and procedures for thegaming entertainment of Harrah's guests.
· Maintains a continuous inspection of deck(s),ensuring the security of assigned game at all times.
· Exchanges guest currency for gaming tokens andensures the safety of all tokens and cash entrusted.
· Assists guests in playing and ensures adherenceto established rules, policies and procedures.
· Coordinates with Supervisors and Security todetect and prevent attempts to cheat and to identify floor irregularities to aGames Supervisor, Casino Operations Manager or Assistant Casino OperationsManager.
· Interacts with guests and markets' Harrah's products and services
· Communicates all irregularities, safety hazards, and questions to GamesSupervisor or Casino Operations Manager
· Responsible for providing change for the dealersand guests, cleaning the room, running the player board.
· Adheres toregulatory, departmental and company policies
· Meets theattendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental andcompany policies
· Acts as a rolemodel to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah'sand encourages others to do the same
· Other duties asassigned
· HighSchool Diploma or GED preferred
· Atleast 6 months Poker dealing experience is required and/or successfulcompletion of a dealer program at an accredited institution or through Harrah'sAk-Chin dealing school.
· Passan audition demonstrating adequate gaming propensity.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
- Must possess strong money handling and documentation skills.
- Must meet Harrah's dealing standards in regard to rules, game knowledge and dealing.
- Must have knowledge of casino rules, procedures and regulations pertaining to the Poker room.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team across departments and levels of management.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Is able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Must possess mathematical abilities including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must have sense of urgency and keep up with fast paced business practices.
- Must be able to work calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Excellent vision (including peripheral) is needed for game security.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members ofother recognized Arizona tribes.
This isnot necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. Whilethis is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, managementreserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other ordifferent tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies,changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).