Pit Clerk - Full Time
The PitClerk provides logistical support to the table games supervisor by handlingpaperwork transactions and documenting information essential to the operationof the table games area.
· Initiates and updates player rating slips.
· Inputs player rating slips into the Casino Management System andensures consistency of manual and computer records.
· Prepares transactions manually in the event the CMS is unavailable.
· Requests fills and credits from the vault at supervisor's request.
· Ensures that all transactions are complete, accurate, and timely, inaccordance with procedures.
· Interacts with guests and markets' Harrah's products and services
· Assists with Total Rewards cards
· Takes hourly headcounts
· Communicates all irregularities, safety hazards, and questions to TableGames Supervisor or Casino Operations Manager
· Monitors and maintains inventory of pit supplies
· Performs general maintenance of table games area to present a tidy,orderly atmosphere
· Displays quality FOCUS skills with patrons and fellow employees
· Adheres toregulatory, departmental and company policies
· Meets theattendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental andcompany policies
· Acts as a rolemodel to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah'sand encourages others to do the same
· Other duties asassigned
· HighSchool Diploma or GED preferred
· Priorcasino experience is preferred
· Priorclerical experience preferred
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
· Must be ableto type 45 WPM on computer keyboard.
· Must possessexcellent communication and customer relation skills.
· Must beextremely detail oriented.
- Have a basic knowledge of other games and services offered at the casino.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to walk and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Must have sense of urgency and keep up with fast paced business practices.
- Must be able to work calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Excellent vision (including peripheral) is needed for game security.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members ofother recognized Arizona tribes.
This isnot necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job,management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require thatother or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g.emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technicaldevelopments).