PBX Operator-Hotel-Part Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
Receives and processes all telephone calls received through the PBX switchboard in a clear and pleasant tone of voice.
- Direct calls to property departments and assist with information calls.
- Page/Radio other departments and guests in the casino.
- Give accurate information on events and promotions.
- Have extensive knowledge on restaurant and Bingo hours of operation and prices.
- Make restaurant reservations
- Log and provide wake-up call service using the correct SOP’s.
- Have a good understanding of all departments to inform and direct guest flawlessly.
- Is the key communication area in the event of an emergency for both employees and guests.
- Have Knowledge of majority of extensions for transfer calls, without using directory.
- Assists in marketing events and promotions, such as stuffing envelopes and distributing items.
- Other data entry work for department and or property.
- Maintain property extension list.
- Maintain Hotel division information sheets.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma/GED is required.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
· Must possess a pleasant and easily comprehensible voice and fluently speak, write and understand the English language. Additional language skills desired.
· Must have a cooperative and positive attitude and ability to get along and work as a team with co-workers.
· Previous experience in PBX or a reservations environment preferred.
· Typing, computer, filing and logging skills required.
· Must possess strong organizational skills.
· Must present a well-groomed appearance.
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
· Good spelling skills necessary.
· Must possess capability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to continuously maneuver around office, effectively work at a desk and sit for long periods of time.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a PBX, computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to respond calmly to demands of internal customers and emergencies and work in pressure situations.
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated and able to handle more than one function at a time.
- Must be able to work with and tolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds, and areas with second hand smoke
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, efficiently.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.
· Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).