Mill Shop Technician - Full Time
The Mill Shop Technician designs, builds, fabricates and installs various items requested of the mill shop, while ensuring adequate supplies, materials and labor is in place to support projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participates in the development and applications of standards for quality and productivity for the mill shop.
- Supervises and directs staff for shop operations, safety and training of laborers on special projects.
- Works closely with other departments and administration. Negotiates priorities, plans work schedule of staff, makes job assignments, orders needed materials, supplies and parts. Recommends use of outside vendors as needed.
- Design, engineer, fabricate and install mill quality products for front of house as well as back of house.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Maintain shop and shop environment at all required compliance levels, State, Tribal, OSHA and EPA.
- Train employees in proper use and maintenance of all shop equipment and document same.
- Maintain all required materials for shop use, including wood, steel, finishing products, nuts/bolts etc.
- Plan and implement all projects requiring shop support. Implements manpower for support on projects and schedules.
- Insure shop millwork meets or exceeds accepted standards in appearance and functionality.
- Design and build desk, cabinetry, shelving, tables, table games, customer service areas, cashier cages, counters, hard surface counter fabrications and repair of same. Design with all other trades in mind; electrical, plumbing, POS and data/phone lines.
- Control cost of projects by using innovative technology and tried and true methods and materials.Presents self as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required.
- Journeyman or equivalent in at least one trade for a minimum of five years or good working knowledge or more than one technical field required.
- Scheduling, managerial and administrative computer skill experience strongly preferred.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and develop teamwork.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, lie on back and ascend/descend ladders in normal execution of duties.
- Must be able to push and lift weight of up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to see small objects in poorly lit areas.
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to work with hand and power tools.
- Must be able to work in areas containing high noise levels, dust and secondary smoke.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.