Market Deskside Technician II- Information Technology-Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Respond to incident and service request tickets and ensure all client/user support requests are handled or escalated in a timely manner.
- Provide first-level support/configuration for all desktop systems including software and hardware, problem determination/isolation, analyzing problem data, performing data analysis, documenting findings, escalating complex problems to the appropriate I.T. staff or service vendors and communicating final resolution to clients and users.
- Support installation and implementation of connectivity for desktop devices and telephony equipment.
- Responsible for completion and documentation of all assigned day-to-day tasks/activities per the Daily Work Schedule for each system and shift. These functions include first level support for clients/users requests, printing, routing, and other duties.
- Perform intermediate and advanced technical tasks on all desktop platforms.
- Use the help desk log to track and close all client/user calls/problems reported to I. T.
- Ensure the computer/equipment room is maintained at prescribed temperature levels and in a clean and orderly condition.
- Provide one-on-one training clients/users.
- Maintain the confidential nature of matters pertaining to company records, policies, and customer lists. Shred reports containing sensitive data as determined by management.
- Maintain the latest procedures and documentation for all desktop platforms.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Perform all duties in a manner that ensures the I.T. Department will meet or exceed the measurable objectives for service level to clients/users and system availability.
- Participate in department driven projects.
- Monitor and report system performance issues as necessary.
- Maintain a log of all system downtime and report all extended downtime to the supervisor and/or manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Advanced Degree is preferred or five to seven years building systems engineering experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- College training equivalent to at least an Associates Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical training. Background experience in desktop support environment preferred. Some training in the telephony field beneficial.
- 3-5 year experience in a technical support role. (Minimum of three years in computer support with at least two years of advanced technical support.)
- Very strong personal computing skills recommended.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced level technical/troubleshooting skills in the desktop environment and related hardware and software products.
- Ability to be trained in supporting various desktop configurations.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of user environments.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have good customer service skills
- Must be well organized and detail oriented and be able to perform many tasks at one time.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast paced environment.
- Must have visual acuity.
- Must have constantly available transportation.
- Must have home phone.
- Ability to note audio or visual warnings or error messages from system.
- Ability to smell.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull, handle, reach or grip 50 pounds, above or below shoulders.
- Must be able to maneuver around all areas of the property
- Must be able to work in a smoking and fast paced environment
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures (cold and hot)
- Must be able to climb on a ladder
- Must be able to stoop, kneel and crawl
- Must be able to work in confined areas
- Must be able to work for prolonged periods of time on a computer