Manager- Sportsbook-Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively manage the day-to-day activities and business levels of a sports book: hiring, scheduling, training and mentoring staff, and fostering an environment focused on high performance, compliance and excellent customer service
- Demonstrate leadership and ensure operational effectiveness which will yield a successful operation
- Generate opportunities to maximize handle, profitability, and promotion of the Caesars Brand
- Ensure all customers (whether regular or infrequent) are made to feel welcome by all team members, always.
- Ensure betting control guidelines are adhered to within the sports book.
- Foster an environment focused on customer service and compliance.
- Develop skills and knowledge of the sports book team.
- Plan and execute an effective staffing model, keeping in line with an approved budget.
- Direct and motivate the relevant stakeholders during planning, execution, and opening.
- Establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Promote a positive image for Caesars within the industry and community.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Ensures compliance with tribal, state and company requirements.
- Maintains professional skills by staying abreast of current technical developments and participation in developmental programs available within and outside the company.
- Responsible for monitoring legal compliance with federal, state and gaming laws.
- Champion, within the organization, a commitment to honesty, integrity, and responsible corporate behavior.
- Create a compliance culture within the organization and foster an environment where employees feel comfortable reporting potential violations or misconduct.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies
- Is responsible for all aspects of promotions and/or special projects relating to department personnel.
- Is responsible for resolving both guest and employee conflict situations in a way that is consistent with Harrah’s Company Policies and State Gaming Compact.
- Develops implements and coordinates short and long-range objectives including marketing promotions, gaming-related events and tournaments to increase Harrah’s share of the high-quality gaming customer market.
- Develops customer development culture throughout the casino through strategic efforts and teamwork.
- Maintains and submits required records and reports and maintains the confidential nature of matters pertaining to company records.
- Maintains security of all games, monies and personnel.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent preferred
- 2+ years’ experience as a Sports Book Supervisor
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be confident in one’s ability to assess situations and make informed decisions
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage relationships
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage a diverse range of activities and effectively prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to obtain and/or be eligible for work authorization, regulatory licensing (where applicable)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to walk and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Must have sense of urgency and keep up with fast-paced business practices.
- Must be able to work calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high-noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).