Maintenance Technician - Full Time
The Maintenance Technician is responsiblefor general and specific maintenance duties as assigned or by regularschedules.
- Repairs, replaces, and performs preventative maintenance on all motors,panels, and electrical equipment.
- Replaces burned out light bulbs, checks electrical circuits,refrigeration controls, and contacts.
- Familiar with the installation, as well as the repair of, any and allelectrical equipment.
- Repairs furniture, doors, windows, slot machine stands, gamblingtables, and cabinet work.
- Fabricates office partitions, doors, cornices, counters, panel walls,and ceilings.
- Performs all maintenance necessary to keep all locks and lockingdevices in functional and safe operating condition.
- Installs, connects, and tests sanitary plumbing fixtures, firesprinklers, hydraulics, refrigeration, various gas, steam, and other pressuresystems.
- Performs all maintenance and repair functions on major systembreak-downs, diagnosing trouble, repairing or replacing.
- Handles regular preventative maintenance of all HVAC and refrigerationequipment. Maintains inventory ofsupplies under guidance of Facilities Shift Supervisor.
- Ensures safe, efficient operation of all equipment relevant to boilers,chillers, pumps, life safety equipment, air handlers, and emergency generators.
- Installs and/or repairs carpet and vinyl flooring as directed.
- Works under guidance of preventative maintenance and work order program.
- Familiar with and operates Energy Management systems.
- Ensures safe, efficient operation of all equipment relevant to boilers, chillers, pumps, life safety equipment, air handlers, and emergency generators.
- Responsible for preventative and regular maintenance of all equipment.
- Applies operation procedures as required by state and local codes.
- Performs water-testing treatment for boilers and chillers.
- Maintains log of all equipment status and inventory of parts and material necessary for repairs.
- Performs preventative maintenance of all kitchen equipment as directed. Performs daily routine maintenance.
- Responsible for all preparation necessary to ensure proper application of paints varnishes sealers and rustproofing.
- Maintains inventory of spare carpet, related tools, and supplies. Installs and/or repairs carpet and vinyl flooring as directed.
- Presents self as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate is required.
- Three (3) years experiences in specific skill area or one (1) year experience and/or educational requirements from an accredited institution.
- Previous experience in mechanical maintenance work is required.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
- Must be able to read, speak, write and understand English.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and develop teamwork.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must demonstrate Mechanic II abilities and knowledge in specific skills area (HVAC; electrical; plumbing; carpentry).
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, twist and grip, lie on back, and climb ladders in the execution of normal duties.
- Must be able to push and lift weight of up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to see small objects in poorly lit areas containing high noise levels and secondary smoke.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory, and aural cues.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members ofother recognized Arizona tribes.
This isnot necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job,management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require thatother or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g.emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technicaldevelopments).