Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino, where we Inspire Grown-ups to Play!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required.
- Five years supervisory or management experience required, preferably in casino engineering.
- Journeyman or equivalent in at least one trade for a minimum of five years or good working knowledge or more than one technical field required.
- HVAC & R experience preferred.
- Scheduling, managerial and administrative, computer skill experience strongly preferred.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Experience in managing design, development and construction
- Experience managing remodeling projects and work of various contractors
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations as it relates to HVAC, electrical and plumbing industries
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and develop teamwork.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance
- Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to understand and plan the operations and development of building systems including: electrical, HVAC, gas and plumbing
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, lie on back and ascend/descend ladders in normal execution of duties.
- Must be able to push and lift weight of up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to see small objects in poorly lit areas.
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to work with hand and power tools.
- Must be able to work in areas containing high noise levels, dust and secondary smoke.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.
Job Reference #: 1187823