The Maintenance Mechanic isresponsible for general maintenance duties as assigned, and works under theguidance of preventative maintenance and work order program.
· Repairs, replaces, and performs preventative maintenance on all motors,panels, and electrical equipment. Replaces burned out light bulbs, checks electrical circuits, refrigerationcontrols, and contacts.
· Familiar with the installation, as well as the repair of, any and allelectrical equipment.
· Repair furniture, doors, windows, slot machine stands, gambling tables,and cabinet work. Fabricates officepartitions, doors, cornices, counters, panel walls, and ceilings.
· Performs all maintenance necessary to keep all locks and lockingdevices in functional and safe operating condition.
· Installs, connects, and tests sanitary plumbing fixtures, firesprinklers, hydraulics, refrigeration, various gas, steam, and other pressuresystems. Performs all maintenance andrepair functions on major system breakdowns, diagnosing trouble, repairing orreplacing.
* Handles regular preventative maintenance of allHVAC and refrigeration equipment. Maintains inventory of supplies under guidance of Facilities ShiftSupervisor. Familiar with and operatesEnergy Management systems.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate is required.
- Mechanical skills are essential.
- Previous experience in mechanical maintenance work is required.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
- Must be able to read, speak, write and understand English.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and develop teamwork.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, twist and grip, lie on back, and climb ladders in the execution of normal duties.
- Must be able to push and lift weight of up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to see small objects in poorly lit areas containing high noise levels and secondary smoke.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory,and aural cues