Lead Maintenance Mechanic- Facilities- Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
The Maintenance Mechanic Lead coordinates the shift operations of Maintenance and Groundskeepers, as well as repairs, replaces, and performs preventative maintenance on all motors, panels, and electrical equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leads the mechanics on a particular shift in the performance of duties under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor.
- Ensures that schedules are being met and that emergencies are handled properly.
- Repairs, replaces, and performs preventative maintenance on all motors, panels, and electrical equipment.
- Replaces burned out light bulbs, checks electrical circuits, refrigeration controls, and contacts.
- Enters in work records as appropriate; contributes to the appraisals and development plans of subordinates.
- Inspects individual employee performance against standards to ensure C.A.S.H. for guests and excellent working environment for employees.
- Familiar with the installation, as well as the repair of, any and all electrical equipment.
- Repair furniture, doors, windows, slot machine stands, gambling tables, and cabinet work. Fabricates office partitions, doors, cornices, counters, panel walls, and ceilings.
- Performs all maintenance necessary to keep all locks and locking devices in functional and safe operating condition.
- Installs, connects, and tests sanitary plumbing fixtures, fire sprinklers, hydraulics, refrigeration, various gas, steam, and other pressure systems. Performs all maintenance and repair functions on major system breakdowns, diagnosing trouble, repairing or replacing.
- Handles regular preventative maintenance of all HVAC and refrigeration equipment. Maintains inventory of supplies under guidance of Facilities Shift Supervisor. Familiar with and operates Energy Management systems.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Ensures that paperwork for the shift is in order and route properly.
- Clears expenditures through the paper channels.
- Works under guidance of preventive maintenance and work order program.
- Ensures safe, efficient operation of all equipment relevant to boilers, chillers, pumps, life safety equipment, air handlers, and emergency generators.
- Responsible for preventative and regular maintenance of all equipment.
- Applies operation procedures as required by state and local codes.
- Performs water-testing treatment for boilers and chillers.
- Maintains log of all equipment status and inventory of parts and material necessary for repairs.
- Performs preventative maintenance of all kitchen equipment as directed. Performs daily routine maintenance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate is preferred.
- One year of casino experience in a facilities setting is preferred
- Mechanical skills are essential.
- Previous experience in mechanical maintenance work is required.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must be able to read blueprint
- Must be able to read, speak, write and understand English.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and develop teamwork.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, twist and grip, lie on back, and climb ladders in the execution of normal duties.
- Must be able to push and lift weight of up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to see small objects in poorly lit areas containing high noise levels and secondary smoke.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory, and aural cues.