JOB SUMMARY: Manages, observes and leads the Housekeeping team members in delivering great service to our guests, ensuring the highest cleaning standards are met. The Housekeeping Supervisor is expected to role model the set service behaviors, engage the team by providing recognition, development opportunities and creating an upbeat and positive environment. Members of the supervisory team are expected to constantly strive to delight our guests; exceeding their expectations through exceptional service and cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for interviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department
- Conduct Performance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; provide feedback; coaching and development guidance as needed
- Review, analyze and make recommendations with respect to wage increases; promotions; or demotions as needed
- Respond to and handle employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner
- Examines and inspects at least 10 rooms per day for quality of work performed by assigned personnel and takes appropriate steps to ensure that all rooms meet Harrah's standards
- Monitors job performance daily, executes and issues notices of disciplinary action, positive work history, PAF and feedback
- Make out appropriate work orders daily
- Inspect the floors, stairways, elevators, and public areas, ensure work is being done - attend to any areas needing attention promptly
- Ensure lost and found log and storage is completed daily
- Make sure staffing levels are appropriate for the following day
- Check on key control to make sure all keys are accounted for daily
- Must be able to complete work assignments with little direct supervision.
· Demonstrates expertise in all service standards and clearly communicates expectations to team members.
· Rigorously hold all team members accountable for exhibiting all service standards at all times and ensure they know the value that these behaviors create for the guests, employees and Company
- Models a passion for the Company mission, vision and values as well as inspiring team members to do the same.
- Executes the Service Recovery model at a proficient level as well as ensuring all team members are empowered to efficiently utilize the tools of the service recovery model.
- Must be an expert on how customer service is measured and be able to articulate service scores to team members.
- Must be an effective coach and developer of team members by using the leader coaching skills to get, guide and root for employees.
- Works to improve service breakdowns to minimize or prevent impact to our guests and/or employees.
- Creates onboarding training experiences for new hires to set them up for success.
- Creates and update training and development tools
- Motivates the team to work toward peak performance
- Consistently manages employee labor through efficient scheduling and staffing to business volume and demand
- Demonstrates ways of reducing cost when executing on inventories and ordering
- Must think creatively and innovatively to identify cost savings opportunities at all times
- Train department trainers to execute top notch training for new hires
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for monitoring legal compliance with federal, state and gaming laws
- May be required to perform the duties of GRA's, Housepersons, Heavy Duty Cleaners, Pool Attendants, and Cleaning Specialists.
- Conduct daily Buzz sessions
- Assign projects when necessary
- Check the linen closets throughout the day and ensure they are maintained, cleaned and stocked
- Monitor the cleanliness and neatness of the main storage room at all times
- Conducts weekly inventories and inspections of linens, chemicals, equipment and supplies
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have at least 1-year previous housekeeping/EVS or related experience required.
- Successful completion of the Supervisor Leadership Assessment Program (SuperLAP) is required.
- Casino housekeeping/EVS experience preferred
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English
· Successful completion of the Supervisor Leadership Assessment Program (SuperLAP) is required
· Excellent interpersonal, customer service, team building and problem solving skills are required
· Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
· Must be proficient in Computer software to include Word and Excel
· Highly motivated and self-directed
· Must demonstrate the ability to calmly handle stressful situations and be willing to work any day and any shift
· Must present a well-groomed appearance
· Must be able to make rational decisions when handling guest and employee conflicts
· Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues
· Ability at attend to details when inspecting rooms
· Must possess the ability to guide, direct and train employees
· Must be able to assess guest needs
· Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays