Manages,observes and leads the Housekeeping team members in delivering great service toour guests, ensuring the highest cleaning standards are met. The HousekeepingSupervisor is expected to role model the set service behaviors, engage the teamby providing recognition, development opportunities and creating an upbeat andpositive environment. Members of thesupervisory team are expected to constantly strive to delight our guests;exceeding their expectations through exceptional service and cleanliness.
- Responsible for interviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department
- Conduct Performance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; provide feedback; coaching and development guidance as needed
- Review, analyze and make recommendations with respect to wage increases; promotions; or demotions as needed
- Respond to and handle employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner
- Examines and inspects at least 10 rooms per day for quality of work performed by assigned personnel and takes appropriate steps to ensure that all rooms meet Harrah's standards
- Monitors job performance daily, executes and issues notices of disciplinary action, positive work history, PAF and feedback
- Make out appropriate work orders daily
- Inspect the floors, stairways, elevators, and public areas, ensure work is being done - attend to any areas needing attention promptly
- Ensure lost and found log and storage is completed daily
- Make sure staffing levels are appropriate for the following day
- Check on key control to make sure all keys are accounted for daily
- Must be able to complete work assignments with little direct supervision.
· Demonstratesexpertise in all service standards and clearly communicates expectations toteam members.
· Rigorouslyhold all team members accountable for exhibiting all service standards at alltimes and ensure they know the value that these behaviors create for theguests, employees and Company
- Models a passion for the Company mission, vision and values as well as inspiring team members to do the same.
- Executes the Service Recovery model at a proficient level as well as ensuring all team members are empowered to efficiently utilize the tools of the service recovery model.
- Must be an expert on how customer service is measured and be able to articulate service scores to team members.
- Must be an effective coach and developer of team members by using the leader coaching skills to get, guide and root for employees.
- Works to improve service breakdowns to minimize or prevent impact to our guests and/or employees.
- Creates onboarding training experiences for new hires to set them up for success.
- Creates and update training and development tools
- Motivates the team to work toward peak performance
- Consistently manages employee labor through efficient scheduling and staffing to business volume and demand
- Demonstrates ways of reducing cost when executing on inventories and ordering
- Must think creatively and innovatively to identify cost savings opportunities at all times
- Train department trainers to execute top notch training for new hires
- Responsible for monitoring legal compliance with federal, state and gaming laws
- May be required to perform the duties of GRA's, Housepersons, Heavy Duty Cleaners, Pool Attendants, and Cleaning Specialists.
- Conduct daily Buzz sessions
- Assign projects when necessary
- Check the linen closets throughout the day and ensure they are maintained, cleaned and stocked
- Monitor the cleanliness and neatness of the main storage room at all times
- Conducts weekly inventories and inspections of linens, chemicals, equipment and supplies
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have at least 1-year previous housekeeping/EVS or related experience required.
- Successful completion of the Supervisor Leadership Assessment Program (SuperLAP) is required.
- Casino housekeeping/EVS experience preferred
The requirements listed are representative of theknowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of thisposition.
· Must be able tospeak, read, write and understand English
· Successfulcompletion of the Supervisor Leadership Assessment Program (SuperLAP) isrequired
· Excellentinterpersonal, customer service, team building and problem solving skills arerequired
· Strong writtenand verbal communication skills are required
· Must beproficient in Computer software to include Word and Excel
· Highly motivatedand self-directed
· Must demonstratethe ability to calmly handle stressful situations and be willing to work anyday and any shift
· Must present awell-groomed appearance
· Must be able tomake rational decisions when handling guest and employee conflicts
· Must be able tolisten and respond to visual and aural cues
· Ability at attendto details when inspecting rooms
· Must possess theability to guide, direct and train employees
· Must be able toassess guest needs
· Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in allsituations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
· Must be able towork a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands describedhere are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino including up and down stairs and reach above shoulder level.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, twist, reach, kneel, grip and bend in the execution of normal duties.
- Must be able to push, pull and lift weight up to 75 pounds (proper training techniques for lifting will be provided).
- Must be able to see small objects in poorly lit area.
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to work with hand and power equipment.
- Must be able to stand and walk for the entire shift.
- Ability to climb ladders or use a lift that extends higher than 6 feet from the ground.
- Must be able to work with and tolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds, and areas with second hand smoke
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, efficiently.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.
· Must be able tooperate in mentally and physically stressful situations
Preference is given to Ak-Chincommunity members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
Thisis not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job,management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require thatother or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g.emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technicaldevelopments).