Housekeeping Clerk - On Call
TheHousekeeping clerk plays a key role in expediting and managing special requestsfrom the Front Desk. Clerks are a contact for answering questions, processingmessages and responsible for answering all incoming calls and consistentlyupdating the status of rooms. Clerks willprepare daily work assignments for GRA's, Housepersons, and Heavy Duty Cleanersin accordance with departmental job standards, reporting staffing shortages todepartment management immediately. Clerks will conduct daily inventory andplace orders to replace missing supplies, immediately. All supply orders willtracked until items are received by the department. Part of the inventoryprocess requires clerks to file all invoices and update electronic check books.
· Answers incoming calls from both guests and internal departments with awarm friendly greeting.
· Logs all incoming calls.
· Dispatch guest requests to Housekeeping personnel.
· Must be able to work under a variety of stressful situations.
· Adheres to departmental and company rules, regulations, policies andprocedures.
· Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to departmentaland company policies.
· Files invoices and other financial paperwork.
· Must be able tocomplete work assignments with little direct supervision.
· May be requiredto perform the duties of GRA's, Housepersons, Heavy Duty Cleaners, Pool Attendants,or Cleaning Specialists.
· Acknowledges and responds to customers (internal and external)immediately.
· Answers questions about Harrah's Ak-Chin Resort facilities andservices.
· Accurately maintains a lost and found logbook and facility.
· Responsible for documenting and dispersing lost and found items.
· Responsible for disposition of assets.
· Prepares work orders and tracks to completion.
· Ensures the MSDS is up-to-date and compliant.
· Must be able to clean rooms as needed and perform all relatedresponsibilities. See Room Attendant jobdescription.
· Performs other job related duties as assigned by manager.
· Orders supplies for housekeeping on a weekly basis as needed andpartner with Purchasing department in managing and ordering supplies.
· Monitor and track cleaning of comforters and responsible wash, dry andfold of all linen.
Swing ShiftHousekeeping Clerk:
- Run turndown assignments
- Processes end of day reports
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
The requirementslisted are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required tofulfill the obligations of this position.
· Individual mustbe highly motivated and self-directed
· Must have strongwritten and verbal communication skills
· Excellentinterpersonal, customer service, team-building and problem-solving skillsrequired
· Computerknowledge to include Word and Excel is preferred
· Must be able tospeak, write, read and understand English
· Must have theability to calmly handle stressful situations and be willing to work any dayand any shift
· Must present awell-groomed appearance
· Ability to upholdand demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognizestandards required by a regulated business
· Must possess passion towardscustomer service and desire to create a pleasant environment for guests andcolleagues
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able tomaneuver to all areas of the casino including up and down stairs and reachabove shoulder level.
· Must be able tostand, stoop, twist, reach, kneel, grip and bend in the execution of normalduties.
· Must be able toread, write, speak and understand English.
· Must be able topush, pull and lift weight up to 75 pounds (proper training techniques forlifting will be provided).
· Must be able to spend majority of shift sitting at a desk
· Must be able towork with and tolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels,illumination, vibration, crowds, and areas with second hand smoke
· Must be able towork at a fast pace, efficiently.
· Must be able torespond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.
· Must be able tooperate in mentally and physically stressful situations
· Must be able towork a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
· Must be able to manage several tasks at once
· Ability to interact effectively with co-workers.
· Must have a pleasant service voice
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members ofother recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily anexhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, effortsor working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended tobe an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right torevise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performedwhen circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload,rush jobs or technical developments).