Hotel Operations Manager
|Job Title:||Hotel Operations Manager|
Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 75 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now operates casinos on four continents. The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names. Caesars also owns the World Series of Poker® and the London Clubs International family of casinos. Caesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars is committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognizes the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment.
How would you feel working for a company whose mission is to inspire grown-ups to play?
The Hotel Manager manages Hotel Operations, including Front Office, Front Service, Valet Parking, and Reservations/PBX.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Directs the day-to-day operations of the Hotel areas, including Front Office, Front Service, Valet Parking, Reservations and PBX, to ensure each guest experiences the ultimate in guest service and accommodations.
· Inspects and reviews all assigned operations. Confers with subordinate supervisors to assure maximum customer satisfaction and efficient utilization of manpower and facilities.
· Greets and extends superior service to arriving VIP guests.
· Through forecasting, works to meet and exceed projected occupancies and average daily rates for maximum yield purposes. Works closely with casino management to ensure maximum occupancy by gaming guests.
· Handles guests’ complaints, taking corrective action as necessary.
· Inspects facilities, services and equipment and recommends changes or improvements to ensure Harrah’s position as an industry leader. Reviews and initiates requisitions and expenditures to maintain and/or improve standards.
· Assists the Director in the preparation of department capital expenditures and variances to departmental budget.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or GED required
· College graduate with a degree in Hotel or Institutional Management preferred
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in progressively responsible hotel operations management or equivalent hospitality-related operations in a comparably-sized hotel
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
· Ability to manage difficult situations with departments, guests and vendors
· Excellent interpersonal and employee relations skills
· Mobility to move easily around entire property
· Ability to identify and quickly resolve problems/issues
· Ability to use a personal computer and appropriate software to prepare reports and ability to analyze and communicate the results effectively
· Must be a self-starter with strong task completion skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (bi-lingual preferred)
· Auditory and visual ranges must include immediate environment
· Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to manage difficult situations with departments, guests and vendors.
· Excellent interpersonal and employee relations skills.
· Mobility to move easily around entire property.
· Ability to identify and quickly resolve problems/issues.
· Ability to use a personal computer and appropriate software to prepare reports and ability to analyze and communicate the results effectively.
· Must be a self-starter with strong task completion skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (bi-lingual preferred).
· Must be able to work with and tolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds, and areas with second hand smoke
· Must be able to work at a fast pace, efficiently.
· Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.
· Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Preference is given to qualified Ak-Chin tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.