Hospitality Supervisor - Full Time
To ensure a superior pool experience for our guests bymaintaining a safe, clean operation of the pool, seamless food and beverageservice in pool area, an excellent cabana experience, and flawless towelservice. Including, but not limited toscheduling, work assigning, operations analysis as well as functioning in allposition capacities as business demands.
- Address and respond to guest issues, complaints, and requests in a timely manner. Collaborates with Environmental Services, Food & Beverage, Hotel, Facilities, and Casino Marketing to ensure the guest experience is superior. Initiates the resolution of all guest complaints connected to the pool experience.
- Manages all pool activities, functions, events, repairs, and maintenance of equipment and supplies
- In collaboration with Food & Beverage Teams ensures standards of excellence are met in serving food and beverages to guests poolside
- Partners with Food & Beverage on the development and maintenance of department procedures and guidelines in serving food and drinks in the pool area as well as monitoring physical inventory of bar ware, asset control of liquor bottles, draft/bottled beer, and wine.
- Partners with Food & Beverage on the development of menu items, promotions, and specials
- Ensures all employees are following the Arizona State Liquor Laws and adhere to regulatory, departmental, and company policies and procedures in an ethical manner
- Execute proper procedures, selling techniques, and service delivery of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Manage the set-up and operation of scheduled shifts
- Ensures proper cash handling procedures, banking functions, shift logs, and all other communication is flawlessly executed each shift
- Collaborates with Environmental Services, Hotel, Housekeeping, Facilities, Food & Beverage, and Casino Marketing on staffing, training, scheduling, disciplinary, attendance, performance reviews, and all other pertinent personnel actions. Partners with these teams to adjust schedules and coverages to meet business demands.
- The pool experience is a typically seasonal operation usually March through November. Outside of pool season, will serve as a Supervisor within the Hospitality Department. In the event pool season is extended to a year round operation, Hospitality Supervisor will focus on the pool experience year round.
- Demonstratesexpertise in all service standards and clearly communicates expectations toteam members.
- Rigorously hold all team members accountable for exhibiting all service standards at all times and ensure they know the value that these behaviors create for the guests, employees and Company
- Models a passion for the Company mission, vision and values as well as inspiring team members to do the same.
- Executes the Service Recovery model at a proficient level as well as ensuring all team members are empowered to efficiently utilize the tools of the service recovery model.
- Must be an expert on how customer service is measured and be able to articulate service scores to team members.
- Must be an effective coach and developer of team members by using the leader coaching skills to get, guide and root for employees.
- Works to improve service breakdowns to minimize or prevent impact to our guests and/or employees.
- Creates onboarding training experiences for new hires to set them up for success.
- Creates and update training and development tools
- Motivates the team to work toward peak performance
- Consistentlymanages employee labor through efficient scheduling and staffing to businessvolume and demand
- Demonstratesways of reducing cost when executing on inventories and ordering
- Mustthink creatively and innovatively to identify cost savings opportunities at alltimes
- Traindepartment trainers to execute top notch training for new hires
- Greet, interact, and assist guests, vendors, and resort staff to ensure superior pool experience
- Role modeling our values, Integrity, Service with Passion, Celebrating Success, Diversity, Caring Culture, and Rigor executes all other duties in relation to the Hospitality Department.
- As a Hospitality Supervisor may assist other areas within the Hospitality Department during peak times
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College degreepreferred (preferably in Hotel or Institutional Management) or 1 - 2 years as aGuest Service Agent or other position at the Hotel Front Desk or 1-2 yearssupervisory experience
The requirements listed are representative of theknowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of thisposition.
- Successfulcompletion of the Supervisor Leadership Assessment Program (SuperLAP) isrequired.
- Must be able tospeak, read, write and understand English.
- Must possess theability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must have andmaintain a valid AZ Driver's License and successful Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
- Computerexperience and proficiency in Word, Excel and Internet Use is required.
- Must be highlymotivated and self-directed.
- Must be able tomake rational decisions when handling guests and employee conflicts.
- Excellent interpersonal,customer service, teambuilding and problem solving skills are required.
- Must have strongwritten and verbal communication skills.
- Must present awell groomed appearance appropriate for poolside at all times.
- Must performduties with a sense of urgency
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Lifeguard Certification preferred
- CPR for the professional rescuer preferred
- First Aid Training preferred
Thephysical demands described here are representative of those that must be met byan employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to handle large/heavy items up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, squat, walk and run.
- Must be able to stand up to 10 hours per day.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Must possess the ability to handle high levels of stress that often accompany working with the public and long hours of standing
- Must be able to work with and tolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds, and areas with second hand smoke
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, efficiently.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.
- Must be able tooperate in mentally and physically stressful situations
- Must be able towork a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Preference is given to Ak-Chincommunity members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
Thisis not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job,management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require thatother or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g.emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technicaldevelopments).