Heavy Duty Cleaner- Full Time
The primaryfunction of the Heavy Duty Kitchen Specialist is to adhere to hotel specificationsand standards in operating all kitchen equipment to clean and sanitize allheavy duty appliances, kitchen equipment, grills, ovens and stove tops.
· Deep cleaning of all cooking equipment in foodoutlet areas
· Deep cleaning of grills and fryers
· Deep cleaning of ovens and stove tops
· Deep cleaning of fryers
· Polish hood systems
· Clean and clear drains
· Wipe down walls, doors and counter areas
· Sweep and mop floors
· Wash pots, pans, utensils, and equipment asnecessary
· Adhere to cleaning Standard Operating Proceduresfor each outlet
· Complete other tasks as assigned
· Maintaintools to perform the necessary job functions.
· 1-3years previous experience as hotel/restaurant dishwasher or in a janitorial/cleaning position required
· Highschool diploma or GED preferred
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must have the ability to work safely; including: wearing the proper uniform, shoes, gloves, goggles and use proper lifting techniques.
- Must be fast and accurate.
- Must be familiar with the following kitchen equipment: stove, grills, fryers, and other utensils.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand Basic English.
· Must have knowledge of kitchen sanitation.
· Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team member.
· Must present a well-groomed appearance.
· Must be able to have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work inside and maneuver throughout the kitchen areas.
- Must be able to use chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Must be able to stand and walk for eight hours or longer
- Must be able to climb up and down a ladder.
- Must have the ability to lift, push and pull 40 lbs.
- Must have the ability to bend, stoop, crouch, and kneel
- Must be able to push and pull up to 100 lbs
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to work in an environment which may contain second hand smoke
- Must be able to work in a fast paced kitchen environment
- Must be able to work in high temperatures
- May occasionally be exposed to variable temperature depending to season
- May get dirty depending on the job function
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).