HDS Associate I (Ak-Chin Community Members Only)
The Harrah's DevelopmentSystem (HDS) is designed to integrate high potential Ak-Chin Community Membersinto key areas of the Casino Entertainment Industry. As an HDS Associate I seeking the TechnicalTrack you will be provided with development opportunities to fulfill ourManagement Agreement with the Ak-Chin Community. You will have exposure and gain experience inthe back of the house (BOH) positions with the intention of developing basicjob skills and pursuing discovery of career options within the CasinoEntertainment Industry. Successful HDS Associates in the Technical Track of theprogram will have the opportunity to secure placement in a BOH position through3 individual phases or graduate to the HDS Associate Professional Track pendingsuccessful review periods.
The HDS Associate I positionis a combination of self-paced and guided development activities by the HDSProgram Manager. The program isapproximately 1-3 years in length and includes 3 individual phases. Phase I isdepartmental rotation in Stewarding, Environmental Services, Housekeeping,Cook, Warehouse, Income Control, Facilities, Wardrobe, and InformationTechnology. Participants will be exposed to line functions, operations, andcompany policies and practices that affect every aspect of the business. Phase Two consists of an internship into aspecific department of the Associate's interest. Associates will receive morein-depth training in selected department positions as well asSupervisory/Management levels positions. Phase Three consists of the Associatebeing selected for a specific department and position.
· Communicate effectively with all levels ofemployees and guests in the casino.
· Attend all mentor, functional manager, and trainingmeetings and participate fully.
· Complete all assigned readings and assignmentsbased on agreed upon deadlines.Cross-train as needed in various department positionsrelated to area of career interest
· Must have a high school diploma, GED or mustobtain diploma/GED within 12-months of hire or before beginning Phase II.
· Must have good organizational skills, goodwritten and verbal communication skills.
· Must be willing to work all shifts.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
· Must have an upbeat personality for allinteractions with guests, fellow employees, and vendors.
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must be an enrolled Ak-Chin Community member
· Must pass licensing requirements
· Must pass pre-employment screening andpre-employment drug test
· Abilityto work a flexible schedule.
· Must be able to get along with co-workers andwork with a team.
· To perform this job successfully, individualsmust be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
· Abilityto uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations andrecognize standards required by a regulated business
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to maneuver to all areas of thecasino.
· Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
· Must be able to push and pull up to 70pounds.
· Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist andgrip items while working in assigned areas.
· Must be able to stand and walk for extendedperiods of time (6-7 hours).
· Must be able to operate a typewriter, computer,telephone, calculator and other necessary office equipment.
· Must be able to respond to visual and auralcues.
· Must be able to work in extreme temperaturechanges.
· Must be able to tolerate cleaning chemicalswithout developing and allergic reaction.
· Ability to climb ladders or use a lift thatextends higher than 6 feet from the ground.
* Must be able to work in areas containing high noiselevels and secondary smoke