Food Server (Oak & Fork)
Providesfast and flawless service to the restaurant's guest while buildingrelationships and creating a comfortable atmosphere to ensure a truly greatdining experience.
· Maintains currentand accurate information regarding menu (i.e., preparation) Greets, and makeswelcome, each guest seated in assigned station. Takes initial food and/or beverage order within 2 minutes of guest beingseated. Repeating order back to ensure accuracy.
· Proficient in theoperating functions of the micros computer and cash handling.
· Maintainsexpected service levels, ensures all revenue is accurately handled and internalcontrols during day to day operations and during system outages.
· Possess theability to effectively communicate in a clear, professional and friendly mannerwith all guests and employees.
· Differentiateguest service and gives priority service to the appropriate tier leveledplayer.
· Possess theability to professionally handle high pressure and difficult situations.
* Ensures tables are clear, appropriately set up andpresentable for guests to be seated prior to being seated.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· High schooldiploma or GED preferred
· Prior Food Serverexperience is preferred.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must be able to carry and balance service tray on shoulder.
- Must have legible handwriting.
- Must have knowledge of menu prices and composition of food and beverage menu items, daily specials and proper placing procedures is required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands.
- Must have the ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of assigned restaurant throughout entire shift.
- Must be able to access kitchen area when picking up customer food orders.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and to push or pull 300 lbs. on a cart or dolly.
- Must be able to tolerate high temperatures located in the kitchen area.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periodsof time