Food Server- Chop, Block & Brew- Part Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains current and accurate information regarding menu (i.e., preparation) Greets, and makes welcome, each guest seated in assigned station. Takes initial food and/or beverage order within 2 minutes of guest being seated. Repeating order back to ensure accuracy.
- Proficient in the operating functions of the micros computer and cash handling.
- Maintains expected service levels, ensures all revenue is accurately handled and internal controls during day to day operations and during system outages.
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate in a clear, professional and friendly manner with all guests and employees.
- Differentiate guest service and gives priority service to the appropriate tier leveled player.
- Possess the ability to professionally handle high pressure and difficult situations.
- Ensures tables are clear, appropriately set up and presentable for guests to be seated prior to being seated.
- Presents an impressionable persona when greeting guests, during their dining experience and during their departure.
- Presents and up-sells any specials/Chefs features and/or specific menu items with enticing verbiage.
- Engages guests in conversation during their dining experience.
- Suggests items to guest based on expressed guest preferences. Up-sells appetizers, beverages, desserts in accordance with restaurant service standards.
- Correctly enters food and beverage orders into the POS system to ensure accurate preparation of product.
- Delivers prepared food to the appropriate guest within two minutes of completed production order.
- Returns to table within two minutes of order delivery to ascertain guest level of satisfaction, and periodically there after.
- Resolves service issues according to the service recovery toolbox and reports guest dissatisfaction to the supervisor and/or involves the supervisor.
- Presents check for payment to correct customers, thanks and invites them back, wishes them luck and makes it easy for them to get back in play..
- Maintains cleanliness standards at tables and all work stations.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assists bus persons, as necessary, in bussing, cleaning and setting tables.
- Works closely with other servers, the culinary team and management to ensure quality of food, the dining experience and guest satisfaction.
- Upholds standards of dining room ambiance and atmosphere.
- Handles and solves any concerns and questions from guests.
- Works in an organized, efficient manner to provide service levels as established by company standards. Maintains a professional manner and posture at all times, acting as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Prior Food Server experience is preferred.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must be able to carry and balance service tray on shoulder.
- Must have legible handwriting.
- Must have knowledge of menu prices and composition of food and beverage menu items, daily specials and proper placing procedures is required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands.
- Must have the ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of assigned restaurant throughout entire shift.
- Must be able to access kitchen area when picking up customer food orders.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and to push or pull 300 lbs. on a cart or dolly.
- Must be able to tolerate high temperatures located in the kitchen area.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).