Food Runner - Pool - Full Time
The role of the Food Runner is to maintain food flow and service from food line to customer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for providing quality food and service to Harrah’s guests
- Assists this function by ensuring hot food from the kitchen is immediately served to our guests in the dining room
- Responsible for ensuring all plate presentations are within the guidelines/portion/condiments including appropriate plate ware, set by our Range culinary team
- Must prioritize hot food (in the kitchen window) that is waiting to be served to our guests
- Responsibilities include greeting and serving meals to customers while ensuring a pleasant dining experience
- Required to be familiar with all the steps of service that Range servers provide when serving food to our guests
- Observes all sanitary and safety requirements
- Maintains a high level of cleanliness, proper presentation and temperature of food
- Ensures consistent flow of food in a healthy and sanitary manner from kitchen to guest
- Adheres to regulatory departmental and company policies
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Other duties as assigned
- During slow periods must assist with expediting food orders coming out of the kitchen and whenever necessary
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· At least 6 months kitchen experience in a high volume establishment
· High school diploma or GED preferred
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
· Knowledge of kitchen sanitation
· Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team member
· Must present a well-groomed appearance
· Must be able to have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands
· Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to maneuver to all areas of assigned restaurant throughout entire shift.
· Must be able to lift trays and bus tubs with heavy items at shoulder level.
· Must be able to clean tables in a timely fashion.
· Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds and be able to reach across tables.
· Must be able to push or pull 300 lbs. on a cart or dolly.
· Must be able to stoop and bend as necessary.
· Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
· Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
· Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
· Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).