Food Runner - CBB - Part Time
Therole of the Food Runner is to maintain food flow and service from food line tocustomer.
- Responsible for providing quality food and service to Harrah's guests
- Assists this function by ensuring hot food from the kitchen is immediately served to our guests in the dining room
- Responsible for ensuring all plate presentations are within the guidelines/portion/condiments including appropriate plate ware, set by our Range culinary team
- Must prioritize hot food (in the kitchen window) that is waiting to be served to our guests
- Responsibilities include greeting and serving meals to customers while ensuring a pleasant dining experience
- Required to be familiar with all the steps of service that Range servers provide when serving food to our guests
- Observes all sanitary and safety requirements
- Maintains a high level of cleanliness, proper presentation and temperature of food
- Ensures consistent flow of food in a healthy and sanitary manner from kitchen to guest
- Adheres to regulatory departmental and company policies
- Other duties as assigned
- During slow periods must assist with expediting food orders coming out of the kitchen and whenever necessary
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah's and encourages others to do the same
· Atleast 6 months kitchen experience in a high volume establishment
· Highschool diploma or GED preferred
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
· Knowledgeof kitchen sanitation
· Mustbe able to get along with co-workers and work as a team member
· Mustpresent a well-groomed appearance
· Mustbe able to have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands
· Abilityto uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations andrecognize standards required by a regulated business
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able tomaneuver to all areas of assigned restaurant throughout entire shift.
· Must be able tolift trays and bus tubs with heavy items at shoulder level.
· Must be able toclean tables in a timely fashion.
· Must be able tolift up to 70 pounds and be able to reach across tables.
· Must be able topush or pull 300 lbs. on a cart or dolly.
· Must be able tostoop and bend as necessary.
· Must be able totolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
· Must be able towork at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
· Must be able torespond to visual and aural cues.
· Must be able towalk and stand for long periods of time
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members ofother recognized Arizona tribes.
This isnot necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job,management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require thatother or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g.emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technicaldevelopments).