Executive Steward Assistant - Full Time
Assiststhe Executive Steward in leadership for all Stewards and provides line levelsupport and coverage of staffing gaps.
· Respond to andhandle employee grievances in a timely and efficient manner.
· Recommend or takeappropriate action when administering disciplinary processes in accordance withestablished policies and procedures.
· Responsible forplanning, supervising and monitoring the work of the team members in assignedarea(s).
· Responsible formonitoring legal compliance with federal, state and gaming laws.
· Ensures schedulesare complete based on a forecast and allowable productivity standards.
· Ensures anattendance log is kept for each employee in his or her area of functionaloversight.
· Ensures a dailysanitation checklist and temperature log report is completed for eacharea.
· Conducts randomhealth inspection and health card audit.
· Maintains a fileof all Health Inspection Reports.
· Proactivelyinstructs team members regarding safety and sanitation.
· Expected to spend90% of the day on the floor and 10% of the day on administrative duties.
· Is required tosee direct reports daily, and to hold monthly departmental meetings.
· Is responsiblefor mentoring, coaching and, if necessary, disciplining direct reportsaccording to the Corporate Standard Operating Procedures.
· Must have aprofessional appearance and conduct themselves as a professional at alltimes.
· Required tocomplete and/or ensure the completion of employee performance appraisal reviewsin a timely manner.
· Ensures theirareas are in alignment and adhering to Standard Operating Procedures.
· Maintainsbreakage and unusable item report.
· Establisheschemical par levels and works with vendor and staff to maintain those pars.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
· Assists ininterviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department
· Contributes toPerformance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; providefeedback; coaching and development guidance as needed.
· Provides input inrespect to wage increases; promotions; or demotions as needed.
· Assists inapproving PTO and communicating this information to the Executive Chef.
· Ensures allovertime is anticipated and/or justified.
· Coordinates hoodcleaning with vendor and kitchens.
· Required toutilize property and Corporate training and development tools.
· Required toconduct daily Buzz session.
· Required toensure measurement reports are done as described and all tools are updated andin proper working order.
- Maintains and establishes par levels and inventory for China, Glass and Silver.
- Purchases Items within budgetary guidelines to maintain par levels.
- Maintain dish machine and equipment inventory and
- Establish a cleaning schedule for kitchen equipment.
- Completes work orders to repair broken and malfunctioning equipment.
- One or more years of Food Storage experience, food cooling and thawing as well as weights and measures.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) highly desired
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and AS/400 Stratton/Warren system
- Must possess team-oriented leadership abilities
- Must be guest service and employee focused
- Successful completion of Superlap is required
- Completion of the Exploring Supervisor Opportunities (ESO) readiness activities preferred for all internal candidates.
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to be on feet twelve hours per day
- Must be able to withstand frequent changes in temperature
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, crouch, kneel, push and pull
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds
- Must be able to push or pull weights of 200 pounds on a cart.
- Must be able to tolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members ofother recognized Arizona tribes.
This isnot necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job,management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require thatother or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g.emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technicaldevelopments).